The price of Matrix amps

More
15 years 6 months ago #4587 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic The price of Matrix amps
Nice one Andy. Are the new lightweight XPs going to be at the regular price? (well, scaled up for the bigger rating...)

I've got an idea for advertising: Take a picture of yourself in between two Matrix amps (a lightweight and heavyweight with the same rating), then put close ups of the scopes and meters above the amps, flash a grin, and hold up a big sign that says something like 'My amps all have the same size 'where it matters' never mind what gets them going!' [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4588 by matrix amp
Replied by matrix amp on topic The price of Matrix amps
You got it[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

uk made

More
15 years 6 months ago #4604 by rockin..
Replied by rockin.. on topic The price of Matrix amps
Just won a STR3000 on ebay. My first Matrix amp and judging by the comments ive read, i hope i wont be dissapointed. It will be running a pair of BS1200 which ive been using a PLX 3402. Keen to see what the sound difference will be[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

More
15 years 5 months ago #4810 by nineleaves
Replied by nineleaves on topic The price of Matrix amps
whats worrying, is people are prepared & willing to pay many thousands on certain 'big name' amps that really should be replated and relegated to the bargain import tat pile..

ive had matrix amps around for many years and have finally made the switch to them exclusively, as they are firstly unbelievably reliable & massively out perform everything ive put them up against both in bang for the stated watts & clarity :)

unlike alot of other tat out there, the matrix amps are worth any price the competition might care to ask; and youd still get the bargain with the matrix amps, as they are actually capable of delivering :)

also, please folks keep in mind that the budget amp market has relyed on cutting corners, exaduration, low labour prices & a slim desire for profit margains to offer up products in the past for peanuts which didnt actually deliver.

companys like matrix have to cover development costs for new products, pay for new equipment and assets in order to expand and bring you the next big thing, sooner :) ..also some newer technologies are likely to cost more to manifacture.. so consider the fact that paying 'more' for such a product is your way of investing in the future of a company who will use your additional investment to make even better products for you when you go back to them next :) ..and if afew people end up a little richer personally out of that sort of hard work; dont they deserve it ? :)

if it doesn\'t hurt & shake your eyeballs out of their sockets, its not bass...

More
14 years 5 months ago #6788 by tallmike
Replied by tallmike on topic The price of Matrix amps
What I don't get is if these amps are so much better than everything else, why people aren't touring with these amps and large hire houses do not stock large numbers of them, if at all.
Does anyone know?

Mike Bamber
Live Sound Hire
Surrey Audio Visual

More
14 years 5 months ago #6799 by Sinfinity
Replied by Sinfinity on topic The price of Matrix amps

tallmike wrote: What I don't get is if these amps are so much better than everything else, why people aren't touring with these amps and large hire houses do not stock large numbers of them, if at all.
Does anyone know?

Maybe the advertising budget is not as big as some of the other larger manufactures. smiley1

More
14 years 5 months ago #6801 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic The price of Matrix amps
You also have to remember that if the names don't appear on the Riders, the rental companies won't be interested. It doesn't matter how good the product is.
Larger companies also buy their way into the market with speakers and amps. Small companies stand very little chance of hitting the big time. In the end, you don't need a good product, all you need is a big budget.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
14 years 4 months ago #6806 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic The price of Matrix amps

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: You also have to remember that if the names don't appear on the Riders, the rental companies won't be interested. It doesn't matter how good the product is.
Larger companies also buy their way into the market with speakers and amps. Small companies stand very little chance of hitting the big time. In the end, you don't need a good product, all you need is a big budget.

And you only have to read some of the riders to realise that they are put together by complete and utter tossers that know absolutely nothing about the business other than how to read other riders and kiss (or shag) arse.

Tony

More
14 years 4 months ago #6812 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic The price of Matrix amps
100% correct. (unfortunately)

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
14 years 4 months ago #6827 by matrix amp
Replied by matrix amp on topic The price of Matrix amps
my life already smiley32 smiley32

uk made

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds