1U amp for tops

• strapping young stu
More
15 years 9 months ago #2985 by strapping young stu
Replied by strapping young stu on topic 1U amp for tops
Looking at the class d site and all associated links it appears class d deals in a lot of equipment that is not class d branded - citronic, cmark, qsc, eminence, fane, celestion, kam, behringer, proel, stageline etc.

It also looks like class d is much more into the electronics and components side of things that speaker manufacture, the links on his links page seem to suggest that.

Google maps shows a good overhead detail of quite a large manufacturing unit, and looking up the class d phone number in google brings up a huge number of websites detailing the company.

Excellent PR and advertising if nothing else.

Stu

Power = Versatility x Intelligence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2987 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic 1U amp for tops
Does anyone here have any actual evidence that class d has done any deceptive trading or provides poor service?

We've had one guy who got ripped off by someone masquerading as class d and who classd now refuses to supply.

We've had Tony ASS trying to turn class d's decision to stop commenting into an admission of guilt of something.

And we've got other commentors sucking their teeth and going on about how knowledgable everyone in this group is and (presumably) therefore it's OK for us to be dicks to someone who sells cheap kit to those who would like to buy cheap kit. Get over it. This group, like speakerplans.com, is not a pro group.

csg: a pro buyer would not have been conned the way you were.

And Tony, what class d does is not so different from what you do/did.

Get over yourselves people.

Ars est celare artem

More
15 years 9 months ago #2991 by csg
Replied by csg on topic 1U amp for tops
can i correct you jsg - i never purcased anything from this geoff character, or class d myself. not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but owning 30kw of nexo powered by lab gruppen, it is hardly the end of the market im involved in.

as i stated clearly i was trying to help out a friend who had purchased a system after having got back into dj'ing after a 10 year break.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2992 by class d
Replied by class d on topic 1U amp for tops
Maybe you should read the small printin the Lab gruppen specs very carefully you may find your 30kw is not exactly what you think

More
15 years 9 months ago #2993 by csg
Replied by csg on topic 1U amp for tops
well, lets look at this then.

the labs provide me with faultless service.
they are completely reliable, happy with very low impedence and reactive loads.
they are happy onproblematic power supplies, whether voltage or frequency instable
they are consistent, available for long periods of time without major design change from a reputable manufacturer with proven customer service.
they sound good on all frequency bands and applications
they are easlily cross hired by me from local suppliers who base their whole inventories on the same units
they are a recognised brand which is rider friendly and attractive to clients and customers
they hold their value well compaired with budget or unrecognised brands
they are made by hand with care and attention
they are light in weight

but lets forget all that - my rig is capable of comfortably entertaining 5000 people consistantly and reliably. it makes me money. its busy.

and it wouldent be busy if it said class d on the front. it would be sitting in my lockup, gathering dust.

thats all there is to it.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2996 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 1U amp for tops
JSG, what is it that I did or do. I'm interested in the comparison.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 9 months ago #2997 by class d
Replied by class d on topic 1U amp for tops
I,ve got a funny feeling that your the hire company that claimed in a well known magazine that your rig was so efficient that you ran a rack of Lab gruppen amps 6 if not 8of them at 30kw from a 13amp extension lead

Again have a good look at the small print before you start sl*gging people of.

Left us all laughing

• mookieman
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #2998 by mookieman
Replied by mookieman on topic 1U amp for tops

Static Age wrote: back to the original subject. the Audiohead AH700 is a very good amp for runing compression drivers.

350 watt per channel at 4ohm, not availble new anymore but can be bought for under £100 second hand. got mine on ebay for £70.

thanks mate there is a bit of a techy rant going on this thread

whats the cp200 like anyone????????Edited by: mookieman

More
15 years 9 months ago #2999 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic 1U amp for tops

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: JSG, what is it that I did or do. I'm interested in the comparison.

You sell people what they want to buy. It's called business.

Ars est celare artem

• ginger_biscuit69
More
15 years 9 months ago #3000 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic 1U amp for tops

class d wrote: I,ve got a funny feeling that your the hire company that claimed in a well known magazine that your rig was so efficient that you ran a rack of Lab gruppen amps 6 if not 8of them at 30kw from a 13amp extension lead

thats perfectly feasable actually, if the duty cycle of the music is low (ie: most live music), then i can see how that would work. you may stick in a 30kw rms rig, but program wise, the thump of the kick drum is mainly drawn from the amplifiers capacitor bank and the top end doesnt really eat that much power if you have the rig setup correctly.

after all this banter, i hope to god your new product rangesare at least on a par with the top end kit such as this mans, or i fear you will be the one making us all laugh

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds