1U amp for tops

More
15 years 9 months ago #2915 by csg
Replied by csg on topic 1U amp for tops
whilst your uk made products may be of excellent quality ( and i always like to keep an open mind), you may find it difficult to remove the association of your brand with budget boxes.

b&c loaded by any chance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2916 by class d
Replied by class d on topic 1U amp for tops
we can do them all but frankly the difference is not great BC are very good eminence and fayne no real difference in fact our 18 inchers have 3 db better 40 hz response.

Its actually the boxes that make the real difference a good ply box leaves a chip board box standing

More
15 years 9 months ago #2917 by class d
Replied by class d on topic 1U amp for tops
We will brand all these products under Pro Audio Ltd and associate company

More
15 years 9 months ago #2918 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 1U amp for tops
Class D, you will learn if you are to stay on this forum and others , of course, that we to tend to debate and dig around until there is nothing left to uncover. So, to clarify, as an English company, what is it you sell that is English manufactured. I note you mentioned the mosfets. Are you actually saying you physically make them on your premises, or are they made by a devise manufacturer?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 9 months ago #2927 by csg
to take the box thing one further, well i think it is a well established fact that the integrity of a cabinet is one of the most significant factors in how a box performs.

my latest project used the b&c 21" in a 1" birch cab. the main advantages with birch are actually its roadability, rather than its acoustic properties.

I would say that a properly constructed cabinet in any non resonant material will be able to perform to a high standard

the main problem with chipboard is that it is not good at taking the bumps and scrapes of the road, but sound quality is not a problem

to give an example, the speakers to which i am listening at the moment are a venerable pair of Bowers and Wilkins DM2's. 1976 vintage, and made of 1" wlanut veneered chipboard

To my ears, they are without equal, and ive had kit from ATC, sonus faber, martin logan etc, all made of considerably more exotic materials.

but, for a road cab, birch all the way.

what is more importantwhen working towards something of real quality is that you treat the designas a whole. If the cab suits the components well, than you can make a cheaper driver sound like a more expensive driver in a poorer box, and so on.

I thing real quality comes from taking a broader view, and engineering completeproducts. statements like there is not much difference between this manufacturer and that, and one sort of wookis always better than another is notvery useful.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2931 by markie
Replied by markie on topic 1U amp for tops
For anyone interested I believe "GEOFF" runs a place called AUDIOPRO999 on e-bay. They buy the really cheap Proel "Extreme" cabs and replace the drivers with Eminence......

"a range of Proel cabs exclusive to Audiopro999"

Pity the cabs aren't designed for the drivers. Tony I can't help wondering if Paolo knows what he's doing??

More
15 years 9 months ago #2933 by csg
thats the one, bit of a joker if you ask me.

wonder what he does with all the proel drivers?

More
15 years 9 months ago #2937 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 1U amp for tops
Markie, when I'm with Poalo next I'll mention this and get his reaction. Unfortunately, once a cab is sold you don't have any control over its use. I think class D may go quiet now, I think the wrong questions are being asked.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 9 months ago #2939 by markie
Replied by markie on topic 1U amp for tops
@csg..... He sells them on e-bay. You don't see them listed very often, I think he has people queueing up to buy them.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2940 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic 1U amp for tops

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: . I think class D may go quiet now, I think the wrong questions are being asked.

Pity that I was looking forward to improving my education.

Tony

[email:2pxnki7c]info@forteaudio.eu[/email:2pxnki7c]

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds