1U amp for tops

More
15 years 9 months ago #2947 by loudevents
Replied by loudevents on topic 1U amp for tops

class d wrote: Amusing we do not boast or brag or show of how clever we are<div>
Do you think a small band or a disco is interested in a peak at 200hz or in your case a dip</div>
<div></div>

Well, I certainly am!

Why not have this peak or dip at 400, 800, 1.2K as well? Sod it, make that 8k also!

What is the size of this "peak" or "dip"? At what point do you assume that the disco and/or band etc. will not care? 3dB, 8dB??

No loudspeaker is, or can ever be completely flat and understandably, it tends to be the cheaper stuff that has the worst frequency and phase response. However, I find it sad that you seem to be pushing your products on the premise that "they are not interested" or "they cannot tell the difference". Maybe this is why these discos and small bands often have very bad sound, since they are sold a products that are ridiculously cheap - and claim to be as good as the "expensive" brands.

I notice e-bay is flooded (bloody nuisance) with these things - or is this a different class d? Do you really need to sell your systems with pictures of "sexy" (or not-so-sexy) women beside them, claiming to be an "awesome beast"? d&b, Nexo, Dynacord, Midas etc don't feel the need to do this. By all means - design, market and sell great equipment at great prices, but please don't resort to these cheap, meaningless and misleading marketing tactics...

Some of your system "package" configurations and claims of what they can do are a bit ropey to say the least also.

Not meening to be rude in any way, just my opinion...

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• strapping young stu
More
15 years 9 months ago #2951 by strapping young stu
Replied by strapping young stu on topic 1U amp for tops
Its a shame that so many new companies come on this forum to defend their products and then suddenly go quiet when they realise that they are talking to a bunch of people who know what good sound is and how you get it.

So its obviously the best policy to say nothing these days - now you understand why Tony still gets the business.

Honesty is always the best policy.

Class d if you are still listening from your first post you came on a little heated. No need to get so defensive about your products, if they are good they will speak for themselves. If they aren't, everyone else will speak for them.

Stu
Edited by: Strapping Young Stu

Power = Versatility x Intelligence

More
15 years 9 months ago #2959 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 1U amp for tops
This Class D character reminds me of a guy called Rocky Norton He's had a few people over in his time. Does anyone recall this guy?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 9 months ago #2976 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic 1U amp for tops
Class D must be selling somewhere else besides Ebay. His feedback is just under 4000, that's eight months at 500 a month (but the sales are not all speakers) so where else are they sold? NOT being sarcastic, just realistic, if there is another outlet for very large amounts of budget kit prey tell ;)

More
15 years 9 months ago #2978 by class d
Replied by class d on topic 1U amp for tops
ebay isa tiny part of our business

More
15 years 9 months ago #2979 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 1U amp for tops
Many people talk their sales figures up to make themselves seem popular. They regard exaggerating as a marketing tool. If, like classD has stated, that E bay is a small part of the business, then the large part must be somewhere else, I wonder where that might be. I can't see it being british music stores, many are having a hard time at the moment. As an observation, for such a small part of the business, he seems to have a lot of exposure on the E bay sight, obvious;y for little return.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 9 months ago #2980 by static age
Replied by static age on topic 1U amp for tops
back to the original subject. the Audiohead AH700 is a very good amp for runing compression drivers.

350 watt per channel at 4ohm, not availble new anymore but can be bought for under £100 second hand. got mine on ebay for £70.

I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2981 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic 1U amp for tops
Matrix Vector 350 100 a side into 8 175 a side into 4. I've got one, it's louder than a PPX 450.

• ginger_biscuit69
More
15 years 9 months ago #2983 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic 1U amp for tops

class d wrote: ebay isa tiny part of our business

so wheres the other outlets then? I havnt seen classD anywhere else. as tony mentioned earlier, we are a society of very clued up people, and every manufactorer gets all their secrets found out eventually.

void for example, over time we now know where all the parts are made (in china), have people here involved in the chinese manufactoring who know these factories first hand, find out real sales figures, OEM suppliers, what gets done where etc etc...

between us, we know exactly what drivers are loaded in any 'top range' cabinets, be it custom fane variations for certain cabs with a function involved, and so on.

judging by your ebay site, you sell eminence woofers and b&c woofers, so i guess your reference to other manufactorers buying from the same places is in reference to that, as we know eminence supply half the industry, be it OEM or custom batch productions.

and yes, i have a very lonely sad life and have nothing better to do!

• strapping young stu
More
15 years 9 months ago #2984 by strapping young stu
Replied by strapping young stu on topic 1U amp for tops

ginger_biscuit69 wrote: I havnt seen classD anywhere else.

Who says classD is the only part of the business

class d wrote: We will brand all these products underPro Audio Ltdand associate company

Stu

Power = Versatility x Intelligence

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds