file Cubo Kick 15

2 years 9 months ago #24854 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 12
Read this topic for more recent replies and related information: freespeakerplans.com/kunena/38-hosted-pl...50-cubo-kick?start=0

I think 4 Cubo Kick would be complete overkill, so I would use 2 Cubo Kicks, either use the 12" (moderate overkill) or 15" (normal overkill) version. As you won't need much power and probably will go for a left - right placement, I would go for medium Qts drivers (around 0.3)

For best integration I would use a sound processor and stuff the rear chamber with a good bit of dampening material.

Best regards Cubo

I have a question about the Cubo Kick 12 - 15. The parts are mostly used in the PA sector, would they also work well in a medium sized home cinema...e.g. 2 or 4 pcs. The frequency response of 80 - 200 would fit perfectly as the subwoofers go up to about 100.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #24855 by Silent
Replied by Silent on topic Cubo Kick 12
Hello Cubo
Thank you for your quick response and professional assessment....Perfekt!

Then 2 pcs. 15 Cubo should be enough to play a little deeper according to the measurements, as a driver I like to take the recommended 18Sound 15ND930 or possibly one from the Faital Pro series because they are a little cheaper.
The placement is L and R behind the screen with about 3.0 m. Distance to each other and in 1,20 m. Height. As a subwoofer I'm building 2 St www.avsforum.com/threads/the-devastator-...age-13#post-59163736 which go so to about 90, and then the Mains and the Cubo Übernehmen should. I hope that everything works as I imagine...we will see and I will report.
The sups and kickers will be driven by the LFE signal from the AV preamp and then processed in a Xilica XP to match.
Your construction plans on the first page are very well executed, I always build with 21 multiplex panels and will gladly carry out your tip with the insulation of the rear chamber.

Many greetings Peter.

2 years 9 months ago #24859 by Cubo15
I think some German made it through Google translate ;)

Part of why the 15ND930 is relatively expensive is the neodymium motor, you could opt for the closest ferrite version, be it 18Sound or Faital Pro. Considering you have all the EQ you need, a low Qts driver will work just as well.

If you want to cross lower then 80 Hz, you can close one or multiple ports of Cubo Kick. The bracing separates the port into 4 equal parts, for every part that you close, the tuning lowers 10 Hz. That way you can tune Cubo Kick 15 to 50 Hz, 60 Hz, 70 Hz or 80 Hz.

If you ever have a picture of the setup, I'd be interested.

2 years 9 months ago #24861 by Silent
Replied by Silent on topic Cubo Kick 12
Hello Cube 15
I am always grateful for the possibility of a Google translation.

If I measure the whole system later then it may well be helpful to change the tuning with the ports....Home theater often has different requirements as PA. I have now ordered 2 15ND930, the Faital are poorly deliverable.

Do you mean my setup behind the cinema screen..the 2 subwoofers and the 2 Cubos?
Is this actually the final construction plan .. www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/14-plans/basscab/54-cubo-kick

Many greetings Peter

2 years 9 months ago #24863 by Cubo15

Do you mean my setup behind the cinema screen..the 2 subwoofers and the 2 Cubos?

I do not think this sentence translates well, can you post the original German one (I might actually be able to understand it better ;)

All plans on this site are the final ones.

Cubo

2 years 8 months ago #24870 by christopherjoah
Replied by christopherjoah on topic Cubo Kick 12
Basic insulation materials:
Fiberglass
Mineral wool
Sheep wool and cotton
Cellulose
Polyurethane
Polystyrene
Read more in this article www.businessfirstonline.co.uk/advice/the...nsulation-materials/ .

2 years 5 months ago #24913 by Djspinback69
Replied by Djspinback69 on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi Cubo,

I'm hoping you're able to offer me a little guidance. I have a system comprising 2x G subs (soon to be 4) and  a pair of RCF 4pro 6001 tops. It is lacking in Kickbass so I'd like to build some cubo kicks. I have a pair of single cubo kick 15's loaded with some p-audio drivers (I forget the exact model) that am really impressed with. I would like to build  a pair of kick 215's at 450 wide. the question I have is I would like to  alter the width of them (as they're laying flat on top of the  G-subs) so they sit the same width as the G-sub's which are 1136, to give me flexibility of  different configurations. Do you think this is possible without ruining them? I am  assuming that the dim that I would alter is the 11.6cm so the rear chamber doesn't alter. If I'm correct the 11.6 would become 7.3cm.

When complete I would cross them at 80hz and probably around 200hz

Any thoughts on this would be very gratefully  received.

Thanks

Rob

2 years 5 months ago #24915 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 15
I would make the Cubo Kick 215 the same size as the G-sub if possible (53.6 cm), reducing the width to 45 cm will tune the reflex port higher (about 90 Hz). It will also tune the horn higher, which you also tune higher by reducing the 11.6 cm dimension to 7.3 cm. One large and one small alteration of the horn will more likely result in a noticeable difference in sound then two small alterations of the horn.

Apart from that, equal sized cabinets (at least from the front) in a sound system do look neat.

Cubo

2 years 5 months ago #24917 by Djspinback69
Thanks Cubo. That’s a great idea. I was only making it 450 wide to stop the stack getting too high but matching the dims is a really good idea. I’m glad you haven’t said that it will completely ruin the sound. I’ll start building a cab now and let you know how it turns out, fingers crossed 

2 years 5 months ago #24922 by Djspinback69
Finished assembling my first double 15” kick cab this evening
Attachments: