Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011

More
12 years 11 months ago #13369 by tweeter box
Replied by tweeter box on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011

Sinfinity wrote: Good evening all.

Thankyou Lev for amending the post.

I cant get a reply from Andy for you until he has the amp back, it will be with him early part of next week. I was waiting for the feedback from him before posting, but wish to keep you all in the loop.

We are thankfull of the chance to put a non production model ( hence the tape ) into an environment that truly tests it. I think the event on Sunday was a brilliant test, without which we would not be able to make the amps stronger.

I will be able to post more about the amp as soon as Andy has had a look at it.
The other amp is still working, running warm ( as any class AB would ) and sounding fine smiley1 . I was confident enough in it that I took it on a 450 mile round trip for testing yesterday.

Will report more when I know more.

In the meantime my thanks once again to the guys that put the effort into the event and the people that took the time to travel there.

Cheers
Matt

smiley20 smiley20 top man Matt

Time is longer than road.
The topic has been locked.
  • levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13374 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011

nickyburnell wrote:
This, "Prototype" thing smells of exactly the same isues as Tim had with the first lightweights on drum and bass.
I personally witnessed a lot of that hassle, Tim being a lot of things to some people ( smiley1 ) but never the less it all happened.

Inevitably, On SP now, as a result of this, you have some guys (who weren't at the test), saying reggae/dub dudes don't know how to use equipment, so that's why roots test is so hard, and that's why the amp blew. :sick:

@ Nicky, Maybe you need to remind them of the above mate.

EDIT:I'm sure in the PA world, not everyone is well versed in all things, the same with some in Roots/Reggae field.
But to say ALL reggae/roots dudes use stuff incorrectly, is tremendously ignorant, stereotypical, almost verging on racism.

@Matt, thanks for taking the time out of your weekend, for a professional & courteous conversation yesterday..

@The Matrix "groupies": Getting sick of you lot taking what is said in forums, twisting it, and calling Andy every 2x minutes, saying "certain people" are slagging him off personally..

Critical yet constructive criticism, regarding company's "products", is what makes products better.. Not brown nosing.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".
More
12 years 11 months ago #13377 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011
@ Lev.

Try not to take it personally m8, rumours fly.

This is the same scenario as when (the very talented) Rog was on SP. Nobody would put up with anything being said against him. Out of it all FSP was born.
The way some SP members act, anybody could think that Andy had an interest in SP, or worked for it in some way? Perhaps it's just loyalty, which would be highly commendable? Rog did of course have an interest, that was transparent enough and he did everything to protect his business.

Matt, I can do nothing but respect your answer, but stand by my post.

smiley33
  • heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 11 months ago #13412 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011
to bring this topic back on track please could the following questions be answered:

levyte357 - please ask the Matrix representatives to grace us with an explanation of what happened [to the blown amp] on Sunday

HBL - 'We are thankfull of the chance to put a non production model ( hence the tape ) into an environment that truly tests it.' Please can you tell us more about the prototype amp that was bought to the testing day. Is it a xt6004? if not please provide us with detailed specs

And lets not let this overshadow an interesting day. matrix was not the only amp there, some top preformers like the Itech, K10 and PKN

Also lets not forget the amps that were missing, FFA [known to be top notch on bass], Lab gruppen [some would say one the oldest, most reliable lightweight amps in the sector], Thomaan own brand lightweight amps [may be great value if only used at 4 ohm]

Instead of all this negativity maybe its time to set a date for the second amp meet.

Time for lev to start a new thread with one of his trade mark 'wanted' lists

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
More
12 years 11 months ago #13414 by mykey-

Heathrow_B_Line wrote:
Time for lev to start a new thread with one of his trade mark 'wanted' lists

:lol:
More
12 years 11 months ago #13419 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011
But yes back on track, a good few amps were not there so would be good to hear them also. I think it would be best to hold it in the same venue so room acoustics wont play a part in our comparisons of the amps from the last test and the amps in this test? what do you guys think?
  • levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13425 by levyte357

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: to bring this topic back on track please could the following questions be answered:

levyte357 - please ask the Matrix representatives to grace us with an explanation of what happened [to the blown amp] on Sunday

"Polite" Mr Matt, told me on Saturday, it will shortly be back at Matrix HQ for full autopsy.

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: HBL - 'We are thankfull of the chance to put a non production model ( hence the tape ) into an environment that truly tests it.' Please can you tell us more about the prototype amp that was bought to the testing day. Is it a xt6004? if not please provide us with detailed specs

And lets not let this overshadow an interesting day. matrix was not the only amp there, some top preformers like the Itech, K10 and PKN

Also lets not forget the amps that were missing, FFA [known to be top notch on bass], Lab gruppen [some would say one the oldest, most reliable lightweight amps in the sector], Thomaan own brand lightweight amps [may be great value if only used at 4 ohm]

Instead of all this negativity maybe its time to set a date for the second amp meet.

+1

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: Time for lev to start a new thread with one of his trade mark 'wanted' lists

Already done.. smiley20

www.freespeakerplans.com/index.php?optio...opic.php&f=44&t=1739

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13433 by levyte357
EDIT:

After consultation with another moderator, and in an effort to get this thread back to initial topic,

Posts deemed relevant to Matrix feedback regarding the shootout moved to:
www.freespeakerplans.com/index.php?optio...opic.php&f=42&t=1744

Posts deemed relevant to Pasi's Testing of the overheated Amp will be moved to :
www.freespeakerplans.com/index.php?optio...opic.php&f=43&t=1745

Posts Deemed utterly irrelevant, and just insightful, were moved to "Trash".

Seems the "few" are intent on "thread jacking" and ruining it for the rest of us, so unfortunately thread will remain locked.

R&C Moderator.

Moderators: levyte357
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds