Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13299 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011

bee wrote: sounds like i missed a good day........ sounds strange to send a special one off for testing........ a beta version maybee but why a special !!!!!!!! So are you looking into buying new amps then lev.....

Always looking into buying something new... Sunday was a good lesson on why you shouldn't rush, or get mugged by salesman... :lol:

Lot of people who were there, are now considering just hiring K10s or Crown Itech8's when they need a sub amp.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #13300 by bee
as the k10's are out of reach price wise to most of us, what would be your choice of budget amps aimed at this level of power......
  • levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13301 by levyte357

bee wrote: as the k10's are out of reach price wise to most of us, what would be your choice of budget amps aimed at this level of power......

Hiring K10 won't be out of price reach though...

And if even high priced quality brand lightweights don't produce rated power into 4 ohms, then is it worth buying cheap lightweight?

More
12 years 11 months ago #13302 by bee
  • levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13303 by levyte357
I guess if your music type is not really sub heavy, and you're not using 1850s or Turbomaxes, then a PKN will perform well and still be a quality, but budget lightweight for 4 ohm stereo.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13304 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011
I think the only reason there was tape over the model number was/is so noone can go out and buy one and the owner is happy he is one of the few with a 'great amp'.....the typical 'i wana have the best sound so not telling anyone what i'm running'.....Lev you know how it is out here. Probably thought that amp would be the best thing since sliced bread and thought he will be the heaviest sound with it and doesn't want anyone else to know about it. Thats my guess anyway, could be wrong though. seen it a thousand times.....freedom masses always puts some big grill thing over the front of the rack to make it harder to see whats in it!? :lol: you can still see it's matrix if you know what you're looking for smiley2 again i could be wrong, just my guess.
  • levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13305 by levyte357

luton_soundman wrote: Probably thought that amp would be the best thing since sliced bread and thought he will be the heaviest sound with it and doesn't want anyone else to know about it.

Probably a good thing it had tape on it then... :lol:

Imagine if that happened in Bristol ?

Tek say's the sub he heard in Southend, was nothing like what was heard on Sunday, so obviously real roots man+pre-amp+dub is needed to test sub amp thoroughly. :silent:

More
12 years 11 months ago #13306 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Roots Lightweight Amp Shootout Southall May 2011
[quote= real roots man+pre-amp+dub is needed to test sub amp thoroughly. :silent: [/quote]

Definatly, Like you said that wasn't a dance enviroment, amps wern't even played very long before changing to another. it's bad enough if an amp cant survive 6-8hours but less than one hour.... smiley5 would rather ca18 and clip early...at least i'll be relaxed knowing it will survive all night and more. i can't get my head round alot of expensive high power rated amps not being able to survive in a bass heavy enviroment....you get budget amps that can run full tilt all night...and then you have quite alot of big brand expensive amps where you would think the layout and components are all to a certain spec as you're paying alot of money and yet that cant last a night?
More
12 years 11 months ago #13307 by luton_soundman
[quote=

[/quote]

A good way to advertise electrical tape smiley20 after seeing that that's all i would part my money for :-D
More
12 years 11 months ago #13316 by paulus
Would have like to have heard the I tech never really had good press but seems it did the job,guess ill be sticking to my chinese 3600w amp for now as I know it can spank four scoops in a dance enviroment for good few hours whilst stayin cool
Moderators: levyte357
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds