file Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo

13 years 4 months ago #10547 by kpb
Replied by kpb on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo
I am testing at now combination between new jts pre (4ways) and digit lms. question about one point : I got 4 in and 8 out so I can go in 2 different ways,

-put each out (sub/bass/mid/hi) of the pre to 4 in of the lms
or
-take the tape or mix out of the pre and go into 1 in of the lms

I have allready test for subs and it sounds better with combination 1 but pre is not yet adjusted with cabs so I think it could not match with others ways.

thanks.

to be back at thread, how could smps amps drive by preamp could make change against torroidal amps drived by preamp ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #10549 by dOpeShack
Replied by dOpeShack on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo

kpb wrote: I am testing at now combination between new jts pre (4ways) and digit lms. question about one point : I got 4 in and 8 out so I can go in 2 different ways,

-put each out (sub/bass/mid/hi) of the pre to 4 in of the lms
or
-take the tape or mix out of the pre and go into 1 in of the lms

I have allready test for subs and it sounds better with combination 1 but pre is not yet adjusted with cabs so I think it could not match with others ways.

thanks.

I dont know why but on barracuda amp it is the same : tape out sounds worst and volume is lower than the three ways outputs...

kpb wrote: to be back at thread, how could smps amps drive by preamp could make change against torroidal amps drived by preamp ?

This is what i asked myself when i read the title of the topic.. Its more of a question of lightweight amps sound in general rather than the pre-amp combo..?

13 years 4 months ago #10550 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo

levyte357 wrote:

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: I understand what you say, but I would want to know that I already have the best amp and cab before assessing a pre-amp.

When you are happy with how your Driver/Cab combo works with your digital LMS, then you are ready to get a Pre amp. smiley20

Lev I think that's fighting talk. As I am back in the running with a system, I think we should organize a meet. I can certainly bring my setup along with my digital front end and Matrix, and perhaps we can sail on a voyage of discovery.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

13 years 4 months ago #10552 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo
smiley20 ok i like........... fsp meet part 2..........

13 years 4 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #10553 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo
still need to come and hear this R2U tony, it's just sheffield is a bit of trek, and im not often over in the east at the moment.

13 years 4 months ago #10554 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Lev I think that's fighting talk. As I am back in the running with a system, I think we should organize a meet. I can certainly bring my setup along with my digital front end and Matrix, and perhaps we can sail on a voyage of discovery.

Problem is, you don't really experience the fullness of a Pre-Amp, unless its with rolling basslines like Roots tracks.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

13 years 4 months ago #10555 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo
FSP Meet 2.
OK, I'll start, Febuary anyone?

13 years 4 months ago #10556 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo
sounds good........ we would need to find another venue for the next one.......... but defo up for another meet.......

13 years 4 months ago #10557 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Pre-Amp + Lightweight amp combo
at least ive heard about this one well in advance, and not the day after it happens.

well up for this

13 years 4 months ago #10558 by bee

Moderators: levyte357