New, confused but willing to learn!!

• hiltonsm
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #11393 by hiltonsm
Replied by hiltonsm on topic New, confused but willing to learn!!

levyte357 wrote:
Is it beyond feasibility, to construct a flatbed that could accomodate 8'x4' ?

No not at all, if (when!) I built (build) another machine then that is what I would use as the minimum cutting size, the drives for moving the axis's will be the same just that the ballscrews will be a bit longer. The frame design would be different but the concept would be the same.

Just need a good excuse to build it as not got a demand for anything that big at the moment.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by hiltonsm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hiltonsm
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #11394 by hiltonsm
Here is a vid on youtube of me just messing around cutting a bit of MDF -

[tube:340iw1ps]1oL4Du3OmBs[/tube:340iw1ps]

Anyway, enough about my cnc router!!

Can someone point me in the right direction to some plans that I can use, would be a bonus if they would fit on my cnc though.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11395 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic New, confused but willing to learn!!
have you tried the top of the page lol

under PLANS

Cubo's would be a good start

or Lev has a frankenstein scoop he would like knocked up, but you would have to carry it finished on ya back, because he only has old money

• hiltonsm
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #11396 by hiltonsm

mykey- wrote: have you tried the top of the page lol

under PLANS

Smart arse....!

Looks like I am in good company here, sarcasm works everytime in my book.

Did have a scan through the the plans link but did not know what I was looking at, will have a closer look at the Cubo's??

Ta!

More
13 years 2 months ago #11397 by mykey-
some members are sensitive though, you have to be a bit camp around them

you're going to make loads of friends on here, you own a cnc smiley20

must admit, even I got a semi on when I read 'I OWN A CNC', I would imagine Lev lifted his desk

More
13 years 2 months ago #11410 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic New, confused but willing to learn!!

mykey- wrote: some members are sensitive though, you have to be a bit camp around them

you're going to make loads of friends on here, you own a cnc smiley20

must admit, even I got a semi on when I read 'I OWN A CNC', I would imagine Lev lifted his desk

:lol:

Did someone say plans !?

photofile.ru/users/tda-audio/182333/

Would imagine there is a market here for selling flatpacks for popular items such as Simple MT121, TSE 115/215 Modified Eminence scoops, MS18Mk2.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 months ago #11412 by bee
Replied by bee on topic New, confused but willing to learn!!
i wondered when the secret plans page would pop up lol..... some very good plans on this page...... i have a collection of around 1000 plus plans now...... im happy to share if i have any plan u need....... but please note i wont share current production plans..... did i read right cnc machine, thats just showing off...... smiley36

More
13 years 2 months ago #11450 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic New, confused but willing to learn!!
Welcome aboard !!!! BTW, any chance of convincing you to move to the heart of the US... say within a block or two of me...... and talking you into applying some of that equipment and experience to a project for a starving musician !!!!!
LOL !!!! Not gonna happen ,but would sure be nice !

• hiltonsm
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #11454 by hiltonsm
Guys...

The more I read up on speaker design and look at different plans then the more confused I am getting, there is me thinking 'I'll just knock up a couple of decent speakers for a few quid', how wrong could I have been!

You boys sure do know your stuff! Crossovers, drivers, midrange, subs, amps..... what the f@~% am I letting myself in for. I can usually get my head round most things pretty quickly but this one may have beaten me!

So.... I have made an offer on a couple of Wharfdale 12" titan active speakers (£300) to get my karaoke going, is this a good deal or are they a waste of time? The write-ups on them look good but I dont believe everything I read.

Making speaker flat packs for you guys is definately something that I will look into, what about if I start with the MT121's, I will have to re-draw the design in my CAD system first of all and make sure everything fits together. that is unless someone already has a 3D model which i could use, then I can produce the programs for my machine and get cutting.

As for the technical side of speaker building with selecting drivers, horns, amps etc then I may have to leave that to you guys.!

More
13 years 2 months ago #11456 by mykey-

hiltonsm wrote:

levyte357 wrote:
Is it beyond feasibility, to construct a flatbed that could accomodate 8'x4' ?

No not at all, if (when!) I built (build) another machine then that is what I would use as the minimum cutting size, the drives for moving the axis's will be the same just that the ballscrews will be a bit longer. The frame design would be different but the concept would be the same.

Just need a good excuse to build it as not got a demand for anything that big at the moment.

I'm also confused, do you build cnc machines? I noticed it looked like it might have been a diy machine?

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds