bandpass horn which ones best atop scoops

• sks01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1946 by sks01
Replied by sks01 on topic bandpass horn which ones best atop scoops
yeh thats what i was thinking in therms of frequencybut it comes down to pricaticality a straight horn would be nice, but bigger more arkwardly shaped boxes to carry around, if i owned a truck id go for them but as we rent trannie vans space is a bit of a premium sometimes, that and they've got to fit in my room somehow

by the way which driver would people suggest be most suitable for this frequency range? 65 - 160 (extreme crossover freqs) c650 or sd18? or another option? thinking in terms of best sound over the frequency band (if the c650 wont sound as good i think i can justify getting the sd ie 220 a pop but no more than that [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]) just had a look at t/s the sd has got nearly twice the bl, id guess this would make it sound much tighter though at £100 more is that enough?
also with that i might need to consider 2x amps for kick at a guess unless 1500w per side at 4 ohm will be enough, so many questions [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Edited by: sKs01

do it for the love of the music

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1961 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic bandpass horn which ones best atop scoops
Yes. The good thing about BPHs is that they throw about as far as full scoops, and have a not-so clean sound (good for some people). The driver is your own choice. The C18-650EL will be less loud, deep and precise (more warmer, some people think). The SD18 will be more precise and go deeper (Important if you only take the BPHs out by themselves). Which traits you value most will affect what you buy in the end.

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

More
15 years 10 months ago #2160 by simonr
Replied by simonr on topic bandpass horn which ones best atop scoops
Don't know if you would be interested, but for size limitations, frequency response and weight, then the latest revision of my 1x15 folded horn, used in pairs looks like thisplotted in 1/4 space driven with 1200 watts, using ftr154080fd's. 137db in half space. Sizes:
L 735mm, H: 536mm W: 636mm

• sks01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 9 months ago #2994 by sks01
incase anyone hasnt seen other threads and to keep to my word albeit belatedly i have started building 4 es18bph's and will post up pics on here as well as sp as the build progresses

• sks01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 8 months ago #3343 by sks01
things are coming along now, nearly got the handles done should be finished sometime next week and if i get may skates on be ready for testing then as well

• sks01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 8 months ago #3520 by sks01
failed that target, silly beggar that i am weve just finished the main construction of one and realised we hadnt put any t nuts in to the baffle [img]smileys/smiley26.gif[/img] just the other 3 to get sorted but their looking lovley, with another few weeks we might actualy be able get them finished[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img], a slow and relaxed build this the way all good things do they come to those who wait, as will the build pics (ill post em all at once to save confusion start to finish)

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds