cubo 12

More
10 years 10 months ago #20213 by lazyman
Replied by lazyman on topic Re: cubo 12
Hi to all, hi Cubo. I have Kappa 12A. Can this driver work in this design? I want to use this cab standalone for music not too demanding on low frequencies (trance, pop, rock, and similar), and also as kick-bin in combination with THAM-15. I already have Tham-15s, and eminence kappa 12A with asd-1001 top. Crossed over on 120 Hz, it seems to me that 12" box alone does not have enough 120-200 Hz content, and i don't want to cross subs higher. This three way operation i will use only for deep, tech house, dub and drum&bass.

Will this kappa 12A work in cubo for this scenario ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #20231 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: cubo 12
The thing about the Kappa 12a is that is has a smallish Xmax. So the question becomes what SPL-level it can sustain when used for bass in a Cubo 12. As kick bass it will suffice, though I doubt it will sound good all the way up to 200 Hz.

Easiest will be to put it in the same enclosure as the other 12" in your top, you could even use it 1.5 way to keep it from outgunning the high driver.

How high would you say, you can cross the THAM-15?

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 9 months ago #20235 by lazyman
I can cross THAM-15 higher, probably up to 150-160, but don't want this.. I want to build cubo-12 for situations where i really don't need sub 50Hz content, only because is smaller box.

More
10 years 9 months ago #20239 by lazyman
And kappa 12 now works in br type box, with 300W amp, and 40 hz 18db oct subsonic, no problems.

More
10 years 9 months ago #20259 by Cubo15

I can cross THAM-15 higher, probably up to 150-160, but don't want this.. I want to build cubo-12 for situations where i really don't need sub 50Hz content, only because is smaller box -snip- And kappa 12 now works in br type box, with 300W amp, and 40 hz 18db oct subsonic, no problems

Well, if you're only going to use a 300 W amplifier (with said high pass) you're good to go. Still 200 Hz remains high for a Cubo 12 (even with the magnet inside the chamber).

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 9 months ago #20283 by lazyman
Can i get simulated response for this driver? Is it possible to see also responses for some other recomended drivers ?

More
10 years 9 months ago #20299 by Cubo15
You will find Hornresp/ Akabak input parameters in this topic, posts by JJD, Bitzo and MartinS.

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 5 months ago #20808 by lazyman
Just one more question about kappa 12. Is it better to build normal on extended version ?

More
10 years 5 months ago #20810 by Cubo15
What gives you the idea that there is a normal or extended version?

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #20813 by lazyman
I looked wrong plans, this is for another cubo :)
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by lazyman.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds