cubo 12

More
9 years 7 months ago #21982 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 12
Hi Keith,

The EV DL12BFH is a very efficient driver that will give unprecedented SPL in Cubo 12, it will not be the lowest reaching driver but I don't think you will miss anything over the SB120. Cubo 15 will have about the same sensitivty as the EV in Cubo 12 but will show, what or if you've been missing anything between 40 - 50 Hz.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #21985 by keith
Replied by keith on topic cubo 12
Thanks CosmicTech.

So, did I missing it somewhere? Oh well. I've got it now and can't wait to start my build.

Thanks again, Keith

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #21986 by keith
Replied by keith on topic cubo 12
Dr. Cubo,

Thanks for the reply. It's great to hear the EV DL12BFH should work so well! As I am primarily concerned with live music, this sounds perfect.

I am in the US so I now need to recalculate the plans for 3/4 inch plywood or use 5/8 inch. 5/8 inch is equal to 15.875mm. Is this close enough to work with the plans "as is" or do I need to recalculate the measurements. I realize there is some reworking as the numbers do not translate exactly. I had read other posts and seen your explanation of how one needs to keep internal measurements the same. Must I worry about such things for a 0.875mm difference or can I just make the peaces fit? Or should I go 3/4 inch since I have to change units anyway?

Again, thanks for all your help. Still not sure why you are so generous, especially with us newbes, but thanks. Thanks a lot!

I almost feel guilty for this whole project. I found the two Sb-120s for sale by someone who did not know anything about them. I could not pay the $ 75.00/pair he was asking and feel good about it, so I told him what they where going for on ebay. He was still happy with $ 75.00. He then told me about the two Sx-200s he had with blown HF drivers and asked if I wanted those thrown in for free for being honest. With the two I already had, how could I pass this up? I asked him to take more $$$ but he wouldn't. All boxes are in very good, used condition but the subs lack punch in their plastic Sb cabs, so this really does sound like an ideal purpose for them.

I'll send picks as progress is made. Reading other posts, it looks like you want to see our projects, and that's a small price to pay. Speaking of... do you want/except donations? What do you get from sharing all of this with us?

Thanks and take care, Keith
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by keith.

More
9 years 7 months ago #22005 by Cubo15
I would use 5/8" if you're using quality material and 3/4" if you're using crappy stuff. Assuming you're going for a quality build, I wouldn't recalculate. In any case, I would keep the dimensions equal to the plans at the beginning of the horn at the expense of slightly smaller / different dimensions around the horn mouth. At the beginning of the horn the difference would be about 4% but around the horn mouth less then 1%, so that's why it's the best place to let the differences accumulate.

At the moment I mostly seem to have gained knowledge from sharing these plans, this might change in the future (it's too early for hard statements). I don't say no to donations but some cool build pictures would do just as well ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 7 months ago #22016 by CosmicTech
Replied by CosmicTech on topic cubo 12
What do you think of using a Eminence Delta-12LFA 12" Low Frequency Driver in the Cubo12?

Also you mention you can use a 10". How would a Eminence Basslite S2010 Neo 10" perform in the Cubo12?
Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago #22028 by Cubo15
I've measured the Delta 12LF once in Cubo 12, it's usable from 50 Hz and up. If you both consider the size of the cabinet and the price of the speaker, it performs well. Personally I do favour lower Qts speakers (like the 12SB30) as they have significant more bottom end as the Delta 12LF.

You could use the Basslite S2010 in Cubo 12 without alterations. It has better T/S-parameters as the Delta 12LF so it gains some low end but then looses that as it is a 10" (so also usable from 50 Hz and up).
I would power it with a 150 - 200 W amplifier (due to the limited Xmax). If you use two, you might be suprised at what they can deliver (all things considered).

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 7 months ago #22029 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic cubo 12
Good morning Mr Cubo. Again many thanks for the brilliant designs (credit where credit is due) is there any 10" drivers YOU like that will go in a cubo12 AND e able to make the box slimmer as its only a 10 and not lose to much bottom end?.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #22039 by Cubo15
There's but one: [strike]Spartacus[/strike] 18Sound 10NW650 in a Cubo 12 that has 35 cm as the external width. You'll loose a little low end and the response becomes a bit less flat, but the size and the driver considered, good stuff.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Cubo15.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22102 by pedrojc10
Replied by pedrojc10 on topic cubo 12
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering whether some of you has used the next two drivers in CUBO 12.

B&C 12NW100 ( www.cadaudio.dk/12nw100.pdf )
Beyma 12SW1300nd ( www.beyma.com/uploads/ftp/Fichas_Tecnicas/000000738.PDF )

I would like to know your experience with those driver.
Thank you in advance for your answer
Best regards,
Pedro

More
9 years 6 months ago #22117 by Cubo15
The measurement of the 12NW100 is shown on the Cubo 12 plan-page (purple line). I liked the 12NW100 as it's a quality driver that will take a lot of power whilst it's still of decent efficiency. The 12SW1300nd will handle more power but I think it will also benefit from a lower crossover point as compared to the the 12NW100.

Best regards

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds