heart Cubo 15

3 years 9 months ago #24602 by Tommyj1989
Replied by Tommyj1989 on topic Cubo 15
I’m building a cubo 15 sub and a cubo 15 kick please can you tell me the best driver to put in each 

Delta  15Lfc
Delta 15a
Kappa 15Lfa
Kappa 15a

It’s only going to be for home use really but some advice would be great. Thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #24610 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Well, let's slim you choice down immediately to the Kappa 15Lfa or the Kappa 15a, both drivers will work in Cubo Kick 15 and Cubo 15 (Extended for both). If you're ever going to use this for PA, I would slightly favor the 15lf for Cubo 15 but not necessarily for Cubo Kick. As you're going to use this at home you can get 2 of the same drivers and put one in each.

Best regards Cubo

3 years 2 months ago #24779 by A King
Replied by A King on topic Cubo 15
Thank you for sharing

3 years 1 month ago #24781 by nemsik
Replied by nemsik on topic Cubo 15
A few years ago I build Cubo 15 STANDARD, and I used a driver where Qts x Vas = 50.3
So I should make a Cubo Extended or Extra Extended.
Anybody tell me a general difference between the Standard and Extended version when I use a driver that has Qts x Vas = 50.3 ?
I guess that this affects the frequency response, but how?
What else?

Thank you! :)

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #24782 by Cubo15
Cubo Standard has the largest rear chamber with the shortest horn path length, aiming at drivers with a medium to high Vas and Qts. Cubo Extended trades some of that rear chamber volume for extra horn length, the extra horn length tunes the Cubo lower but then again the loss of rear chamber volume increases that tuning. So the overall tuning doesn't really change, what changes is the flatness of the frequency response and driver-to-Cubo matching based on the Vas and Qts. Same applies to Extra Extended, naturally for lower Vas and medium to low Qts drivers.

If you cannot interpret Vas and Qts separately, use the product rule. So what Vas and Qts are we talking about?

3 years 1 month ago #24783 by nemsik
Thank you for your answer!
We are talking about Vas = 247L and Qts = 0.24, so I made mistake because Qts x Vas = ~59.3 but still I should use extended version, right?

"So the overall tuning doesn't really change, what changes is the flatness of the frequency response and driver-to-Cubo matching based on the Vas and Qts"
I was afraid that I changed tuning dramatically...
Should I remake my cubo to Extended version? What do you think about it? Of course, I can little flatness the frequency response by the sound processor.
Maybe do you need additional driver parameters?

3 years 1 month ago #24784 by MarioJ77
Replied by MarioJ77 on topic Cubo 15
I plan to build a Cubo 15 speaker box The Box 15LB075-UW4 with the following features: Fs 40Hz, Re 3.6 Ohm
Qms 8.48, Qts 0.4, Qes 0.38, Vas 158.91L, Mms 0.12kg, Cms 0.14mm / N, BL 16.7 Tesla m, Sd 0.09mm2, Xmax + -4mm.
I'm wondering which Cubo 15 plan I need or to do some other box construction for this speaker.
Thanks in advance for replying and donating the plan for the suggested box.

3 years 1 month ago #24788 by Cubo15
@nemsik:

Should I remake my cubo to an Extended version?

Nahh, I wouldn't do that. I've tried a similar driver in Cubo 15 Standard and it measured pretty well. Flat frequency response is imho a bit overrated, dips and peaks due to indoor room-nodes will be much larger and processing or placement should fix that.

@MarioJ77:You can calculate which Cubo version you need, using the Qts x Vas rule posted on the plans page: Cubo 15 Plans

A Cubo 15 is a safe bet, another cabinet might be better depending on your specific needs, which I would need to know before I'm able to answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dajnaton

3 years 1 month ago #24793 by nemsik
Thank you for the explanation :)
Cubo is a great project, thanks for sharing it on the Internet!

3 years 1 week ago #24815 by dajnaton
Replied by dajnaton on topic Cubo 15
Hello Cubo15, greetings from Venezuela. I would like to know where to download the plans for the 15 cube version using 15mm wood sheets.

Would you recommend MDF?

I have been using Mini Scoop 18 for years and would like to change them for greater portability.

Excuse my english, use google translator.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.