Cubo Sub

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #23014 by MAD
Replied by MAD on topic Cubo Sub
Hi Cubo,
I'm new to this forum and plan to build 2-4 cubo sub 18 to add more low end to my system (my 4x 212 vented cabs have great kick bass and decent low bass, but below 50Hz there is something missing
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MAD. Reason: missing text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #23015 by MAD
I don't know why, but I can not add the missing text above, new try:
Hi Cubo,
I'm new to this forum and plan to build 2-4 cubo sub 18 to add more low end to my system (my 4x 212 vented cabs have great kick bass and decent low bass, but below 50Hz there is something missing). Is the RCF lf18X401 a good choice or are there better choices in that price range (about 250 Euros her at Germany)? I've checked yiur recommendations to Geritass but these are all more expensive (my absolute limit is 300 Euro per speaker). I appreciate you not knowing the prices for all speakers here at Germany but I hope you can nevertheless suggest something...
Regards,
Martin
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MAD. Reason: missing text

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #23019 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Sub
If you can get the LF18X401 for about 250 Euro go for it, that's a gem of a driver by the way. For that money I doubt I could suggest anything better. It's like the Prime 18XS, it likes a lot of power but it's a true sub woofer.

Best regards

Cubo

More
8 years 5 months ago #23022 by MAD
Thanks for the info, I will buy one or two and will post here my experience with the lf18x401.
Martin

More
8 years 4 months ago #23077 by DJ Dizz-E
Replied by DJ Dizz-E on topic Cubo Sub
Hi Cubo,
I currently have two 18SWS800. Would these drivers be safe to put in these cabinets since the Xmax is slightly lower than you recommend? Would they be safer if I'd raise the high-pass to 35-40hz?
Thanks!

More
8 years 4 months ago #23078 by kasey
Replied by kasey on topic Cubo Sub
Hi Cubo, I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of B&C 18SW115 SUBWOOFERS. Will you recommend these to be used in the cubo 18? These are very high power neodymium subwoofers that I find have very good specifications.

Or should I just put them in normal reflex boxes? What do you think?

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #23082 by Cubo15
@ Dizz-E: You could use the 18SWS800 in Cubo Sub, though it isn't the toughest driver for that purpose. However if you're willing to raise the high pass to 35 - 40 Hz anyway, it would be better to build Cubo 18 Extended instead.

@Kasey: The 18SW115 can be used in both Cubo 18 or Cubo Sub, not sure which one you're referring too. In Cubo Sub for best low frequency response from 30 Hz and up. In Cubo 18 Extended for 35 - 40 Hz and up. Though usable in both designs the 18SW115 is a true sub woofer. You could also use normal reflex boxes, which would make most sense if you want the smallest cabinet. However output-wise one of the Cubo-designs would make more sense.

Best regards

Cubo

More
8 years 3 months ago #23122 by m0gsia
Replied by m0gsia on topic Cubo Sub
Hello Cubo,

I've built a pair of Cubo15s that I love but we need some more low end for dub music! So I'm looking at making the Cubosub

I've looked through the thread and cannot find the answer. How suitable are the following drivers in the CuboSub? Are Butt joints okay or are rebated joins necessary for this power level?

Void v18-1000 (my first choice)
Fane Colossus 18XB
PD 1850

Cheers
Chris

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #23142 by Cubo15
My personal list from best to least, would probably be PD1850, V18-1000 (depending on which one has the highest Xmech), then the Fane Colossus 18XB. For Cubo 18 Extended the PD.1850 mk1 or V18-1000 would be one of the greater drivers out there, for Cubo Sub there's a bunch of even heftier drivers out there but up to 1000 W of amplifier power these drivers will suffice.

Imo: Butt joints if you make a few, rebated joints if you make many.

Best regards

Cubo

More
8 years 3 months ago #23143 by m0gsia
Replied by m0gsia on topic Cubo Sub
Hey Cubo

Thanks for the reply. The support you give the community is amazing!

The void has 1mm less xmax but its 100gbp per driver less than the pd1850mk2 so I think this will be my choice.

Im curious what these crazy drivers for the sub are! Im in the uk but i can order from thomann.

Out of interest how do you think the cubo sub compares to a full size scoop and a mini scoop?

Cheers
Chris

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds