Cubo Sub

More
8 years 2 months ago #23157 by SPL fanatic
Replied by SPL fanatic on topic Cubo Sub
Hi Cubo and friends :)

Is anybody here with real life experience with 18sw115 in cubo sub? I have 8 pieces and trying to figure out the best cabinet for them. The only thing I know now is BR is much more better for this speaker then folded horn and BPH. Actualy not works in BPH.

Hornresp data for Cubo Sub would be welcomed also.

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #23168 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Sub
@m0gsia: I was talking about the Xmech, not the Xmax. The difference in Xmax is neglectable (as would 1 mm in Xmech difference be). If either the Void or the PD has say 5 - 10 mm more Xmech than the other, I would favour the one with the largest Xmech.
Those crazy drivers are basically the flagship drivers from most Europian brands (like RCF, 18Sound, B&C, Faital Pro, BMS, etc.). Typically 18" and 21" drivers with 5" VC with 1500 - 1800 W AES powerhandling, more Xmax than the Void and PD, much more Xmech (just in case) and a neodymium magnet to save your back ;)

Imho you don't need to go lower for PA-purposes then Cubo Sub delivers, scoops and mini-scoops might get there and might not, depending on the exact model you're talking about.

@SPL fanatic: For most BPH there are better choices but for anything that is ment as a true sub (such as Cubo Sub), the 18SW115 is a logical choice.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Cubo15.

More
7 years 11 months ago #23387 by unclejam
Replied by unclejam on topic Cubo Sub
Hey, I'm about to start building a few of these, What amps are you guys using?

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #23415 by Kvdb013
Replied by Kvdb013 on topic Cubo Sub
Using two Synq 3k6 in bridge mode on two cubo subs loaded with faital pro 18hp1030
Goes like the "brandweer" is what we say in Holland :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Kvdb013.

More
7 years 9 months ago #23437 by sphykik
Replied by sphykik on topic Cubo Sub
I am powering 2 x Cubo Subs (loaded with B&C 18TBW100-4) with an INUKE NU6000DSP. Check out this thread for more info about actual power ratings: forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-n...sted_topic69202.html

The NU6000DSP will put out ~1800 watts, but voltage drops on material with sub-bass for extended periods of time. The 18TBW100 is rated for 1500 watts RMS, 3000 program, and I've found that it handles everything the NU6000DSP throws at it with ease in this cabinet. Extended sub-bass performance should be better with a heavy class H, A/B amp such as the Cerwin Vega CV5000, as it has more capacitance and sustains maximum output on more demanding material for a longer period of time.

Sometimes I run a single Cubo Sub with an old Yorkville AP3000 in bridged mode, giving the sub ~2400 watts continuous (4800 peak). I find this setup gets the most out of the sub given my equipment, but I only have one.

If you are willing to spend the coin and take a gamble, check out the Sanway FP-14000 thread on the AVS forum. It's a Chinese clone of a Lab-Gruppen, but reliability is definitely not guaranteed.

More
7 years 9 months ago #23442 by Nocturnal92
Replied by Nocturnal92 on topic Cubo Sub
Which driver will be best for nice deep bass extesion down to 30hz in the Cubo Sub, the PD.2150 or PDN.2151?

In that topic i posted the graphs for both, the PDN seems to drop off more around 30hz, in real life is this a big concern?

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #23445 by Cubo15
The PD.2150 and PDN.2151 are pretty much the same, the differences overall are very small. From the PDN I would expect perhaps a bit emphasis around the higher crossover, whilst in theory the PD.2150 would be the best for around 30 Hz. Imho not so much that it would warrant the extra 15 kg you have to lug around with the 2150. You might be able to measure a difference but I don't think you'll hear the difference down low.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nocturnal92

More
7 years 8 months ago #23446 by Nocturnal92

Cubo15 wrote: The PD.2150 and PDN.2151 are pretty much the same, the differences overall are very small. From the PDN I would expect perhaps a bit emphasis around the higher crossover, whilst in theory the PD.2150 would be the best for around 30 Hz. Imho not so much that it would warrant the extra 15 kg you have to lug around with the 2150. You might be able to measure a difference but I don't think you'll hear the difference down low.

Best regards

Cubo

Thanks, i can get hold of this driver in a 4 ohm version and quite abit cheaper:

www.eighteensound.it/PRODUCTS456/Product...odID=63#.V48WRDX4KnN

has an extremely high power handling, 14mm xmax, but a fs of 37 hz, this a concern for getting deep 30hz bass in the cubo sub? or does it not matter in this design? says its suitable for horn loaded or bandpass boxes, since the cubo sub is a hybrid of these (i think), we have a winner? says it goes down to 25, im just concerned with the fs (could mean nothing, im a noob)

Heres the pdn.2151 i meationed's specs:

www.precision-devices.com/Product-Details/PDN2151

which will be most suitable in a cubo sub for 30hz bass?

thanks dude

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #23459 by Cubo15
The 21NLW9601 isn't very efficient but focusses a bit more on the lowest frequencies, compared to the PDN.2151. The Fs of 37 Hz isn't a problem at all. So if you want the deepest bass and have a large amplifier available the 21NLW9601 is a good choice. Keep in mind that it's a bit power hungry, so it will take ton's of power without a problem but it will need quite a bit of power to get going as well.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nocturnal92

More
7 years 8 months ago #23461 by Nocturnal92
Perfect ill use that driver then :)

Thanks Cubo :)

Time to create page: 2.135 seconds