Cubo Sub

More
10 years 1 month ago #21442 by ldimebagl
Replied by ldimebagl on topic Cubo Sub
Hello mr Cube! I have a couple of 18LW1400 in CUBO SUB and DCX2496, what would be the recommended cut?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #21469 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Sub
High pass @ 30 Hz (bit lower is possible but doesn't do much output-wise), 12 - 24 dB/ octave BW (LR as a last resort). Low pass average at 80 Hz, 24 dB/ octave LR.

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 1 month ago #21504 by greg32
Replied by greg32 on topic Cubo Sub
hi Cubo, how would cubo15 and cubo sub behave together? I remember reading that the cubo18 and cubo15 could be used together, im thinking of building cubo sub pair for jbl 2240 as I have a few of these? any issues? best regards Greg. (still love the cubo15!)

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #21517 by Cubo15
I think all Cubo models can be used together, up to the point of certain boundries. For example if you can physically seperate them, say the Cubo 15 left and right and Cubo Sub in a centerstack, that would always have my personal preference. If you're gonna mix them in a single stack, I don't necessarly expect trouble but since there are so many variables you never know for sure. If you're going to use the same high pass for both I would make it as high as possible and steep.

The thing with the JBL of course is that it's more of a bass driver than a sub driver, Xmax is speced as 5.5 mm, T/S-parameter-wise it will work but the mechanical power handling will be less than optimal.

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #21540 by gfoster
Replied by gfoster on topic Cubo Sub
Hi, I am looking to build the Cubo sub, what difference do you get with the driver in the chamber or outside showing? also do you have a list of drivers suitable?

Gareth

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #21548 by deejay skillz
Replied by deejay skillz on topic Cubo Sub
Hi cubo, I don't know if I got it right from the preliminary results posted i.e the cubo sub 18 magnet in chamber gives most around 60hz?. An index would be ideal. a quick guess subject to confirmation here we go....cubo sub 1 ( double15 inch version ) cubo sub 2 ( 18 inch version ) cubo sub 3 ( 21nch version )

Best regards
Skillz

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #21575 by Cubo15
This graph shows the difference between different Cubo Sub prototypes either with the magnet in the chamber (MIC) or magnet in the horn (MIH). As can be seen, MIH gives the most output down low, while MIC gives the most output from ~ 50 Hz and upwards. This can be both measured and heard as a notible difference.

www.freespeakerplans.com/media/kunena/at...Cubo%20Sub%20123.PNG

Cubo Sub 1, 2 and 3 are the first to third prototype respectively, all with an 18" driver. Different drivers can be best viewed as a single driver with larger or smaller Sd. Larger Sd will often, though not always increase output around 60 - 80 Hz.

Best regards

Cubo

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #21576 by Cubo15
@Gfoster: I do not have a list of suitable drivers other than the drivers mentioned in this thread. If you want to know if a particular driver is suitable, you can either ask in this thread or e-mail me at questionsaboutCubo[at]gmail[dot]com.

I expect a list to appear in the future, so that the plans get more self-sustained.

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 9 months ago #21801 by ldimebagl
Here my sound system,18Sound 18LW1400,18Sound 12MB600,B&C DE250

More
9 years 9 months ago #21802 by ldimebagl
I can not post pictures

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds