OLD ASS PICS

More
15 years 10 months ago #2347 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic OLD ASS PICS
some Qs:

Are the 2x12 concert mids scaled down 215s?

What is the difference between these and the Martin 215s?

Lastly (not a question)- those grilles on the inside are inspiring - never will anything ever find its way on the inside and fry/squish a driver.

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2349 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic OLD ASS PICS
Tony, im sure other people made the same kind of handles, but ive seen some HF boxes with same handle, and well built. One handle on the Side. Jbl flare(1" box).

More
15 years 10 months ago #2354 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic OLD ASS PICS
Also, didn't the Martin 115 have those wood handles on the sides as well? Built by you, tony?

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

More
15 years 10 months ago #2357 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic OLD ASS PICS
which Martin 215? there where 3 different ones.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2363 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic OLD ASS PICS

CalSystems wrote: Tony, im sure other people made the same kind of handles, but ive seen some HF boxes with same handle, and well built. One handle on the Side. Jbl flare(1" box).

Lots of people used wooden handles, but only after we did it.
The martin 115 y bin had the wooden post handles, but when it came to standard cabs they used metal bar handles.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 10 months ago #2364 by tony.a.s.s.

Deadbeat wrote: some Qs:Are the 2x12 concert mids scaled down 215s?What is the difference between these and the Martin 215s?Lastly (not a question)- those grilles on the inside are inspiring - never will anything ever find its way on the inside and fry/squish a driver.

The 2x12 low mid cab was a scaled down 2x15. Back in days, 4 way systems were configured bass, low mid, high mid and top.
One main difference between our cab and the Martin was that the speaker angles were slightly different and the horn was made from staggered straight sides. I always liked to bend the ply. Other people thought it was too much hassle.

• strapping young stu
More
15 years 10 months ago #2372 by strapping young stu
Replied by strapping young stu on topic OLD ASS PICS

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Here's another little system that I did. It was designed to take up minimum space and was less than one person wide.

I think there would still be a market for this Tony, what are the bins?

Stu

Power = Versatility x Intelligence

More
15 years 10 months ago #2377 by studio45
Replied by studio45 on topic OLD ASS PICS
for sure! looks like an excellent rig for small bar shows, trade stands etc.
but....was it more than 1000 notes new? cos that's about the most pub landlords ever want to spend "ont' bloody...speakers an' wires an' that".
Bet it sounds better than Bose wall mounters :)
was it active or is there an amp rack to go with it? A 4 channel 1u Powersoft the modern solution pehaps?

More
15 years 10 months ago #2380 by jazomir
Replied by jazomir on topic OLD ASS PICS
Ah, more memories!
The pictures of John Entwistle remind me of many years ago, at an APRS exhibition in London, I met the guitarist of Entwistle's band - 'OX' - who was on the HH stand. He was telling us how he used 6xHH IC100 heads and 12 4x12 cabs on stage and still couldn't hear himself above Entwistle.
Also, I recall hearing the early Martin 215 bins talked about here being used at the Virgin nightclub in Victoria many, many years ago. 4 2x15s with 2 Philishaves and a bunch of horns/tweeters each side - nice sound but needed more Phillis to open up the sound.
Only time I remember consciously hearing one of Tony's (I think) systems was at Subterranea in West London - after not hearing a decent sized rig for a few years, I was amazed at how systems had improved and the sheer punch and clarity of the system.

Edited by: Jazomir

Regards,
Jazomir

More
15 years 10 months ago #2390 by tony.a.s.s.
Stu. the bass cabs are 2x10 originally B and C 250AMX. later up graded to 10NW64. neo's. or 10PS26 and tuned accordingly.

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds