OLD ASS PICS

More
15 years 10 months ago #1769 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic OLD ASS PICS
Both coupes had a vinyl roof. I only had the cars to drive, so I have never thought about the best one. The only thing I know is that the V12 spoilt me. It used to fly, and it was so smooth, you could never tell it was running. After that period of time I took a sideways step and bought an american Ford dat van. That was good fun.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1847 by tony.a.s.s.
Here's another little system that I did. It was designed to take up minimum space and was less than one person wide.

[img

More
15 years 10 months ago #1850 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic OLD ASS PICS
thats smart tony.
do those metal legs fold out? or you place bins onto them?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1858 by tony.a.s.s.
The legs fold out, they are machined underneath so that the legs are flush with the base when folded in. The legs are aluminium.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2108 by jbl_man
Replied by jbl_man on topic OLD ASS PICS

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Steve, the 2 Daimler double six coupes I had were '76. I believe they sold them over a period of 3 years. In fact they were all produced in '75. There were only 405 Double six coupes made. There were 1800 of the jag version. The last double six I had was a 4 door saloon.

Thats intertesting Tony,i was workshop manager for Henly`s back in the 80`s,the Daimler version allways had nicer leather and better figured walnut than the Jaguar equivalent...the big problem with thesecars was the leaks though..now matter what you replaced,they allways left a nice mix of power steering fluid,automatic transmission oil,and engine oil wherever they were parked.....but the daimler/jaguar v12coupe and saloon were far better than the later XJS...not joking here,almost everyXJS caught fire,a problem with the early injection hoses perishing due to heat,and spraying a fine mist of petrol vapour all over the distributor and HT leads.....great balls of fire!.....we used to get 2 or 3 a weeklike that.....must have cost jaguar a fortune in warranty claims and recalls.

Be seeing you.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2111 by rockin..
Replied by rockin.. on topic OLD ASS PICS

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Here's another little system that I did. It was designed to take up minimum space and was less than one person wide.

Can i ask, why the difference in the dust covers on the drivers on the mids?

More
15 years 10 months ago #2118 by tony.a.s.s.
Rockin, the difference is there because the version in the photo contains an 8PS21 ( the lower speaker) and the top speakers is the 8CX21 coaxial.
The other version of the same system contains 2- 8PS21's and a DE16 compression driver.
When the coaxial is used the hole for the compression driver is blocked off.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2167 by tony.a.s.s.
Here's another picture I have just come across.

[img

More
15 years 10 months ago #2172 by rockin..
Replied by rockin.. on topic OLD ASS PICS
That is a SERIOUS setup for a bass player :o

Never seen a guitar like that either. Think ive found a pic with the similar guitar but different pickup arrangement

More
15 years 10 months ago #2175 by tony.a.s.s.
My picture has John playing the Status version of the Buzzard with Status pickups. Your picture shows John playing the original Buzzard made by Warwick in Germany. It contains EMG pickups. The Buzzard was drawn and designed by John.

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds