OLD ASS PICS

More
15 years 10 months ago #1663 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic OLD ASS PICS
Insomnia, Thankyou for your words. I never ask for praise, I'm only interested in the appreciation of a good speaker system if I've done a good job. This can still be a satisfying business to be in, and I am encouraged by the efforts some people put into their projects.
I am happy to be in this place because I have met new people even at this late stage in the game.
I will remain active in one form or another until they carry me out in that bass bin I've put to one side.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #1670 by
Replied by on topic OLD ASS PICS
Hi tony,

I really like your work. Those cabinets are real pieces of art. I happen to use a lot of Turbosound TMS4's, which I find great cabs. I don't really know why, because there are technically better cabs, better sounding cabs and so on...but still I really appreciate the old turbo's, there's a sort of passion in them.
And now i know you had a hand in making them, i somewhere feel glad to "know" the builder/creator whatever.

Pieter

More
15 years 10 months ago #1681 by tony.a.s.s.
I was only the builder, with a few ideas to improve production.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1693 by insomnia
Replied by insomnia on topic OLD ASS PICS
T,
out of interest - what year was your Daimler double sixes? i can remember my old man restoring a seriesIII Daimler Sov 4.2 back in the day,his friend was working on a series IIJaguar Sov v12 5.3 - i think it was a T reg so 1970's - they dont them like that anymore!

More
15 years 10 months ago #1709 by justamadman
Replied by justamadman on topic OLD ASS PICS

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Here's a picture of a sub we did for cinema as part of a bigger system. It contained 2 JBL 18's. Also shown is one of my last little systems Know as The R2U system. (rapid response unit.)

[img

what are the mid tops, where can they be bought

More
15 years 10 months ago #1750 by toastyghost
Replied by toastyghost on topic OLD ASS PICS
Matty from Life4Land bought a pair of the R2U midtops off someone in Devon a while back, not sure who he sold them onto though. Might still be with the L4L lot somewhere.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1753 by tony.a.s.s.
The top box contained a 15, an 8 and a 1". I still have the mould for the hf I think, but wrighty now has the mould for the mid.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1754 by tony.a.s.s.
Steve, the 2 Daimler double six coupes I had were '76. I believe they sold them over a period of 3 years. In fact they were all produced in '75. There were only 405 Double six coupes made. There were 1800 of the jag version. The last double six I had was a 4 door saloon.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1767 by tony.a.s.s.
More Pics.

[img

[img

More
15 years 10 months ago #1768 by insomnia
Replied by insomnia on topic OLD ASS PICS
Lovely- Series II Daimler coupe- any vynal on the roof? they must have looked the business polished up with all that chrome.

they are works of art- i can remember opening the glove box as a kid and seeing how thick the walnutdash was-

Hows the E type?

In your experience what would you say is the best classic daimler/jag to go for in this day

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds