OLD ASS PICS

• whiteelephantsounds
More
15 years 10 months ago #1156 by whiteelephantsounds
Replied by whiteelephantsounds on topic OLD ASS PICS
Always love looking at pictures of your cabs Tony; they all seem to be made with genuine care and to an amazing quality.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Looking forward though; im sure many peoplelike me wouldlove a new thread called'new ass pics'showcasing your venture into hi-fi cabs. I don’t really have any knowledge of hi-fisetupsbut appreciate craftsmen’s work and find your pictures really good inspiration to get back in the sawdust. Many thanks.

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1167 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic OLD ASS PICS
That's very nice, I'll get some up.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 10 months ago #1200 by tony.a.s.s.
Here's some more of the old gear in action

[img

[img

More
15 years 10 months ago #1237 by csg
Replied by csg on topic OLD ASS PICS

a rig of mine from a couple of years ago.
the mid highs there had 4 10" rcf 750's, the high was 2 2" rcf 980's, with 4 jbl bullets on vhf.
very loud, very very heavy.
the bins were, i believe tonys take on the court twin 15 black box bass - 2 rcf l15-p200 in these, great thump and thow.
i sold this to a couple of chaps who were taking out to africa! im sure its still out there, and will be entertaining people for years to come

More
15 years 10 months ago #1244 by boycey
Replied by boycey on topic OLD ASS PICS
the stack in the top pic on Tony's post looks utterly murderous! what are the bass horns? don't think i've seen them before. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

this

More
15 years 10 months ago #1279 by tony.a.s.s.
CSG, it's a long time since I saw that one close up. Those cabs ended up with 6 bullets.
The original speakers were 4 volt 10's. These were the most effcient ever. 2 JBL 2446 and 6 2402 JBL tweets. We only ever stacked them 2 high. I had 8 of them at one point. The 10" horn configuration worked well. The MT 502 was a cut down version.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1281 by tony.a.s.s.
Boycey, those were my 21" bass horns The horn configuration is the same as all the rest of the bass cabs of that era. I.E. BS500 BS600 BS1200 etc.
The reason I look quite round in that photo is because the place was freezing. I had 3 coats on.
On boxing day we moved the trucks in with the gear. We then created everything else on site. The amps turned up in cardboard boxes, so we assembled the racks from scratch. We had to open for new years eve.
I wired the main stacks in stereo. You should be able to make out the centre section in the stack. I wired this in mono so that those closest to the dj got all the signal instead of half.
The gap in the stack was so that the DJ could play through it. They were raised on a hydraulic platform. The venue held 4000 and my intention was to slaughter every one of them. Great fun.Edited by: Tony.A.S.S.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1295 by csg
Replied by csg on topic OLD ASS PICS
would that be the old volt 2500, ally centre dome? i remember them being rather loud. They were rather impressive boxes those, in looks as well as output. hernia enducing though, worse than stevens black box mid highs ( full size). used to stack the twin 15's 2 high, and the mid highs on top.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1298 by tony.a.s.s.
That was them. 102db 1w1m if my memory serves me correctly.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1657 by insomnia
Replied by insomnia on topic OLD ASS PICS
Tony your an inspirationto everyone-
you should be very proud of your lifes work so far -
As im sure of all the forum member will agreem we are all proud to know someone like you.

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds