T.Amp Proline 3000

More
15 years 9 months ago #2807 by sks01
Replied by sks01 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
i wouldn't worry too much about overhang unless you really badly want to screw it in at the back, our pa 18 overhangs in a big way never been a problem, @ lev, whaddya mean its always closed, how do the amps get cooled properly? or am i misreading?

do it for the love of the music

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2809 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

sKs01 wrote: @ lev, whaddya mean its always closed, how do the amps get cooled properly? or am i misreading?

I meant when it was time put the back on the gator case or rack, it attached/closed/locked no problem.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
15 years 6 months ago #4413 by dan compression
Replied by dan compression on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
I borrowed Supasniper's Proline 3000 over the weekend, just out of curiosity, and I am impressed.
I used it to drive 2 HD15's per channel, and gave them a right good spanking, running on the verge of clipping for about 4-5 hours at the end of each night and it remained cold to the touch. I normally use 2 x Matrix 3u2000 bridged (1000w rms per cab), but I've asked to keep the proline for another weekend.

I found 2 things a bit odd though. Firstly the input gain seemd to be very sensiitive, I had the Ultradrive limiter at -23dB to keep it from clipping, about 10dB lower than for most amps. Also, I noticed the fans were on the back, sucking the air through from front to back. Is it not better to have fans pushing the air in, so to create higher air pressure inside?

aka soundsystemdan
Compression Sound System

More
15 years 6 months ago #4415 by matrix amp
Replied by matrix amp on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
how did it compare to the 3u's[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

uk made

More
15 years 6 months ago #4416 by wrighty
Replied by wrighty on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
After many years of experience of building computers, using pro audio gear and designing and building other electronic equipment, the best way for fans (in my opinion) is front to back, with the fans mounted at the front. This is for 2 reasons:

1. The front of the rack is usually in nice, free, cool air, whereas the back of the rack is usually enclosed and full of warm air.

2. Fans last longer if they're running nice and cool themselves.

What Dan says may well be a valid point too.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4417 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
I prefer back to front (eg Crest, QSC) because it's easy to put rack fans at the back of a rack to bring in cool air if necessary and the hot air is blown out of the rack at the front. If the hot air comes out of the back of the amps it tends to heat up the rest of the rack, especially any processing at the top etc.

Of course the worst for that are the Crowns with their side venting [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

There are arguments both ways tho.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4419 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

Dan Compression wrote: I found 2 things a bit odd though. Firstly the input gain seemd to be very sensiitive, I had the Ultradrive limiter at -23dB to keep it from clipping, about 10dB lower than for most amps. Also, I noticed the fans were on the back, sucking the air through from front to back. Is it not better to have fans pushing the air in, so to create higher air pressure inside?

I think the input sens is fixed @750mV, which means not much headroom to go silly with effects and processing etc.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Regarding the air flow it may be weird, but it works.

Amp staying cold in 4ohm bridge mode is unthinkable, but it does it across 2x drivers.

Question is, how cool would it stay, across 4x 16ohm 18s's, puuling all its got, in 4ohm bridge mode?

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
15 years 6 months ago #4422 by dan compression

levyte357 wrote: Question is, how cool would it stay, across 4x 16ohm 18s's, puuling all its got, in 4ohm bridge mode?

I don't see that it would make a difference weather it's 2 x 8ohm or 4 x 16ohm, it's still a 4 ohm load, except with more power handling.
Maybe you could find 2 sets of 4 x 8ohm drivers to run it 2 ohms/side and see what the result is, surely this is pretty much the same thing.

aka soundsystemdan
Compression Sound System

More
15 years 6 months ago #4423 by sks01
Replied by sks01 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
oh btw got our proline 3000 a while back now, after minor mishap out of the box it runs like a treat and cold enough to leave drinks on. (if your so inclined, though id probably slap you for being a fool if you did)

do it for the love of the music

More
15 years 6 months ago #4603 by dan compression

matrix amp wrote: how did it compare to the 3u's[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

I think in this case Andy, I prefer the proline.

It's smaller and lighter than 2 x 3u2000, and runs cooler. To compare
output levels I'd have to a/b them. The prolines sound damn good too, but
bear in mind these are HD's I was using, not a full range or mid top
which would show the sound quality (or lack of) a lot better.

Matrix do the buisness in other applications though, I won't be selling them for a Proline, that's for sure.

aka soundsystemdan
Compression Sound System

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds