file T.Amp Proline 3000

12 years 1 month ago #2504 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

RiddimKid wrote: Im so tempted to get some Proline's but Im sure iwould need 2 for 4 pd186 loaded g subs!
<div></div>
<div>Iwouldnt be getting 2000 watts per box though and i really want that

</div>
<div></div>
<div>2 Proline 3000 = WEIGHTY </div>


I've already started assembling my next set, and will have 1x amp in 4ohm bridge per pair of drivers. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2505 by fireman
Replied by fireman on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

breakdabeat pete wrote: for the money of 2 proline 3000's new you could get a monster sub amp used
infinite 8 maybe?


For the price of one infinite 8 you can get three proline 3000´s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2566 by pfly
Replied by pfly on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
inf 8 could drive 8 1000w bins with ease, you'd need 4 proline 3000s for the same
(i admit that when you had 4 prolines they'd prolly do better than one inf8), they'd weight something like 150 kilos maybe?

Edited by: pfly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2584 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

pfly wrote: inf 8 could drive 8 1000w bins with ease, you'd need 4 proline 3000s for the same
(i admit that when you had 4 prolines they'd prolly do better than one inf8), they'd weight something like 150 kilos maybe?


The specs say 3700W per side at 2 ohms, so as its a Mk2 from Rog, lets assume it will actually do 3900W @ 2x ohms stereo.

And if you play it like that regular, with 1kw 5"VC drivers, there is added chance you could blow the amp, as is the case even with Crest/Crown/QSC. Which means your entire sub section gone.

To be honest, someone who can afford 8x decent 1K subs, can probably afford 2x Inf 8Mk2s, or a few EV P3Ks or better anyway.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2604 by riddimkid
Replied by riddimkid on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

levyte357 wrote:

RiddimKid wrote: Im so tempted to get some Proline's but Im sure iwould need 2 for 4 pd186 loaded g subs!

Iwouldnt be getting 2000 watts per box though and i really want that



2 Proline 3000 = WEIGHTY


I've already started assembling my next set, and will have 1x amp in 4ohm bridge per pair of drivers. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif


Ooo wat amp is dat levy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2620 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

RiddimKid wrote: Ooo wat amp is dat levy





\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2637 by mskeete
Replied by mskeete on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

levyte357 wrote:

pfly wrote: inf 8 could drive 8 1000w bins with ease, you'd need 4 proline 3000s for the same
(i admit that when you had 4 prolines they'd prolly do better than one inf8), they'd weight something like 150 kilos maybe?


The specs say 3700W per side at 2 ohms, so as its a Mk2 from Rog, lets assume it will actually do 3900W @ 2x ohms stereo.

And if you play it like that regular, with 1kw 5"VC drivers, there is added chance you could blow the amp, as is the case even with Crest/Crown/QSC. Which means your entire sub section gone.

To be honest, someone who can afford 8x decent 1K subs, can probably afford 2x Inf 8Mk2s, or a few EV P3Ks or better anyway.


I know nothings perfect but if your playing an amp within spec then I wouldn't expect it to blow or have higher failure rate. If it does then it shouldn't be rated at that power

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2647 by riddimkid
Replied by riddimkid on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

levyte357 wrote:




[/quote]

What is so special about that?

MPX1200
<UL>
<LI>1600 Watts/CH into 2 Ohms
<LI>1200 Watts/CH into 4 Ohms
<LI>3200 Watts Bridged-Mono into 4 Ohms </LI>[/list]


Could only run 2-3 scoops??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2650 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic T.Amp Proline 3000
It's all in the George Lucas label...

Lev buys this so he can play Return of the Jedi as it was meant to be played by the man himself.

But back to Serious Business.
Are the Prolines imported and rebranded Deton A.ONES?
I have the higher power one that Thomann hasn't imported on my bench, and it does the job very well for that small price tag (even smaller round these parts).

[url=\"http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~mleach/beraneklaw.html\"]Beranek\'s law[/url]
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2655 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic T.Amp Proline 3000

RiddimKid wrote:

levyte357 wrote: <div></div>
<div></div>
<div>

</div>
<div> </div>

<div></div>
<div>What is so special about that? </div>
<div></div>
<div>MPX1200</font> </div>
  • 1600 Watts/CH into 2 Ohms</font>
  • 1200 Watts/CH into 4 Ohms</font>
  • 3200 Watts Bridged-Mono into 4 Ohms</font>


Could only run 2-3 scoops ??

levyte357 wrote: I've already started assembling my next set, and will have 1x amp in 4ohm bridge per pair of drivers. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif



Edited by: levyte357

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum