6\" horn build

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #6305 by bee
Replied by bee on topic 6\" horn build
ok tested the horn today for the first time it was loud but sounded not as intended im gonna check my measurments again.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #6948 by bee
ok so the finished horn turned out nothing like i wanted smiley7 so try again, the pics below are build pics from my second attempt.

I used a differant method method this time to construct the basic shape of the mould. The second pic shows a side view after 2 layers of fiber glass. The third pis shows how the shape of the horn is starting to form.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #6959 by bee
ok today i have added alot of filler to get the shape i am after, i will post pics later. Very happy so far with how its coming on. :-D

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #6962 by bee

More
14 years 4 months ago #6975 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic 6\" horn build
looks amazing! so smooth at all :clap: . Ca't wait see finished . How you calculate the phase plug kid face shaped? smiley36

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #6977 by bee
lol thats my little girl, helping daddy out. If you have a camera in your hand she hast to be in the photo or she crys.... smiley36

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #6978 by bee
ive just noticed shes hiding in the 2nd photo as well... Ive just put on another coat nearly there very smooth now and the shape is about right as to plan.

cant wait to test it then make a master mould, to cast from.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6982 by bitzo
so...you give 2 layers of fiberglass then some filler to smooth the shape an another layer of fiberglass? I'm so interested in those technique. So useful pics at all.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #6983 by bee
3 layers first, i then used isopon p46 fiberglass past (2pac) to form shape then a thin layer of fibre glass over the top. To finally smooth out i used isopon p38 (2pac) filler (very easy to sand). Finally i used a very thin layer of glass fibre resin only to give a very smooth finish and fill any pin holes in the previous layer of fibreglass. Dont know if you know but you can get the fibre glass sheets in a few differant thicknesses. Its best to use a thin layer first but with a high density to it then 2 thick layers. This works out at about 2.5mm in thickness after filler and other layers mine works out at about 4mm thick in total. Using this mould i can do all the test on it change and alter if needed, then make a mould from it, this will be my master mould which all other moulds will be made from. The only bit i struggle on is what chemical i use to coat the inside of the mould in so my master mould wont stick to it. Last time i done this i was told to use a silicon spray but it didnt work to well. Im sure there is a better solution than this.........
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by bee.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6984 by bitzo
thank you so much! clear and accurate tips. smiley20

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds