Where have all the people gone

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #18483 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
here is a topic on sp where i talk about it a bit. i tried to bring it up a couple of times, and didnt get much help or even intrest, although some did give me a bit of a hand. the info is spread around on a few threads so i thought this one might just do to explain myself a bit. this thread also ends with me making that pissed off comment last night. like i said, im sorry for this and hope no one is offended, although i think unlike the one i made here which was just spiteful crap, there is some truth to what i said over there (in my opinion).

forum.speakerplans.com/funktion-one-ds15...ease_topic66290.html

i dont want to hyjack the thread, so if anyones interested and wants me to explain my ideas/doubds a little more clearly, ill start a new thread.

as i said before, after what i said before i understand that not everyone will be so motivated to help out, but if i do actualy get this going i would be sharing with everyone, and of course the plan would be sumitted here. think of it as helping the comunity in general rather than just me

cheers
dave
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by thepersonunknown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18490 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
defo start a new thread, and im sure we can all help if we can.....

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18497 by thepersonunknown
ill get on it on the weekend bee. im quite busy atm

thanks

More
11 years 10 months ago #18719 by NorfolkDad
Replied by NorfolkDad on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
5 weeks since a post on this thread --- where is everyone

seems to be lots looking but not posting!!! :unsure:

More
11 years 10 months ago #18720 by NorfolkDad
Replied by NorfolkDad on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
[quote="thepersonunknown"

i dont want to hyjack the thread, so if anyones interested and wants me to explain my ideas/doubds a little more clearly, ill start a new thread.

cheers
dave[/quote]

hi Dave, any further on with your plans re above

George C

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 10 months ago #18728 by thepersonunknown
there is a little thread called new (i think) hyprid right here in the general forum. cubo has been giving me some tips, and if you want any info then post there. id be happy to help if i can, and if the question is above me then you might draw the right atention there.

cheers
cdave

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #18731 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Re: I agree. Its the current climate IMO

bee wrote:

nickyburnell wrote: I cannot justify the cost of wood.

this is an issue we are all suffering from, the price has gone up 300% in the last 2 years on birch ply, i mean £75.00 a sheet in b&q where most of u guys go to get your wood is so so wrong, trade prices are around £35 to £42 a sheet a mo but you need to buy a pallet at a time. The average scoop takes 2 and a half to 3 sheets, thats £225.00 per cab at b&q or £126.00 trade thats a massive difference, two years ago i could of built the same cab for less than £50.... This has a massive effect on people building a cab to see what it sounds like, so they only build what they need, and at that price have to justifie weather they really need it.....

(£50) Materials you mean? can't see that, please can you break it down?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by mykey-.

More
11 years 10 months ago #18732 by bee
for wood only mykey was £20 per sheet 3 years ago.... 2 and a half sheets = £50.... excluding screws glue, wear and tear on blades etc..... paint list goes on..... lol

The cost of wood is an issue, in the current climate..... as people want cabs for less and less.... in some cases less than 3 years ago.... but with a 300% increase in wood prices. im sure even you have noticed the massive increase in ply prices....

More
11 years 10 months ago #18734 by kevinmcdonough
Replied by kevinmcdonough on topic Re: I agree. Its the current climate IMO
hey

Yeah I build all prototypes and trial cabs in MDF now and then only go to birch ply when i am sure the design is finished and nailed.

I do realise that this means there is a small difference in sound because of the differing densities of the woods, but its negligible and as people have said the cost simply cant be justified now.

k

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds