• Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18385 by nickyburnell
Where have all the people gone was created by nickyburnell
Seems mighty quiet?
View active topics button was so good, its gone too ;(

Hope the new format hasn't put people off?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18390 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
I am sure people will start to interact once they get used to and help to build the new community

More
11 years 11 months ago #18402 by simonh
Replied by simonh on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
I think the new format is much nicely Nicky, no idea where all the peeps have gone though!

More
11 years 11 months ago #18405 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
ive been flat out the last few weeks, i think the time of year has a lot to do with it, every one getting the systems out or preping them for the next few months....

More
11 years 11 months ago #18410 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
How can so many members produce so few posts, or are most pepes just interested in the plans that are available?

Seems to be very few pepes actually building anything different.

Tony

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18416 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic I agree. Its the current climate IMO
I think its the current climate and hobbies.
Prices of anything to do with hobbies has dropped in the s/h world.
I was going to build some cabs, but as nobody is putting on parties round here I cannot justify the cost of wood.
Also so many kids now just sit in online, that the scene of going out is geting smaller.
SP is the same, nothing much going on at all. Scoops done to death, people like Staip also must be feeling the strain as he's been quiet since the Cyclops.
Probably gonna sell what I have here and concentrate on the IT and cars.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18417 by bee
i think some of the issue is its a passion and a hobby for some, so they are happy to spend build and play, when funds are available, others do it for a quick buck..... as we all no in this industry making a quick buck has long gone, along with the people that want to make a quick buck. This leaves the guys that do it for a living and the ones with passion and that do it as a hobby. The issue hear is the bigger better paid gigs are getting harder to find, venues closing and promoters wanting everything for free... not good..... If i did not do this for a living, i would still do it as a hobby, with this in mind could i afford to keep my rig up to current standards with the current prices we get for what we do, and the financial situation we are all in being taxed to high heaven, petrol/diesel, van tax, insurance, etc..... Im sure im not the only one, but 10 years ago to have a crew of 5 to 10 people all being paid for the bigger gigs, load ins and outs etc was the norm. Now i do the same gigs but can only have a crew of 3 max including me..... all this has a massive knock on effect, for me this is why the cabs like the cubo are doing so well as it offers great value for money for the diyer, even prices on production cabs have fallen to an all time low, great deals to be had if and (thats the word) IF funds are there...

More
11 years 11 months ago #18419 by NorfolkDad
Replied by NorfolkDad on topic Re: I agree. Its the current climate IMO
I think you make some very good points Bee.... I am trying to get into the PA hire business and to start by building my own system. quite a few problems on the horizon though, still trying to get my head around some of the designs on here although I would love to design my own but need to figure out how to test efficiency etc... . Money is also a slight problem at the moment.

On a slightly different note, I did see some PA equipment on hire yesterday as part of the Jubilee celebrations, the sound quality left loads to be desired.. I am sure that I could do much better with a little bit of effort and better system setup/design.

Well.. that's my little moan for now - could be interesting to hear other experiences of this weekend..

More
11 years 11 months ago #18422 by bee

nickyburnell wrote: I cannot justify the cost of wood.

this is an issue we are all suffering from, the price has gone up 300% in the last 2 years on birch ply, i mean £75.00 a sheet in b&q where most of u guys go to get your wood is so so wrong, trade prices are around £35 to £42 a sheet a mo but you need to buy a pallet at a time. The average scoop takes 2 and a half to 3 sheets, thats £225.00 per cab at b&q or £126.00 trade thats a massive difference, two years ago i could of built the same cab for less than £50.... This has a massive effect on people building a cab to see what it sounds like, so they only build what they need, and at that price have to justifie weather they really need it.....

More
11 years 11 months ago #18423 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
I agree Bee there seem to be less and less events going on these days especially smaller outdoor festivals. I usually dj at one in Essex but due to the organisers losing money the last few years it has been knocked on the head although the organiser has his soundsystem out every weekend and never gets a break lol. My hat goes off to you guys who earn your crust through your systems, unless you are lucky enough sometimes to be part of setting up an event as I have been you cannot understand the hard work and stress that can be part of the initial setting up . Although I only do small stuff for no money I have been considering building some more items and getting something going here in south sussex but our councils are so far up their own backsides these days it has become very difficult.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds