Where have all the people gone

More
11 years 11 months ago #18427 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
i keep having problems logging in. i dont know my password, but have the remember password set for this site...however 9/10 times it says incorrect password, it done it just now 4 times ina row then decided to suddenly accept it and log me in :s. once im logged in i'd like tochange my password to something i know and can remember, however in order to do so i need to type in my old one hwich i dont know. if i click forgot password on the homepage before logging in i try to ask for a new one but i get a message saying i need to enable cookies etc when it has already been done. so i duno what i can do? :s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18430 by bee

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18433 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Re: Where have all the people gone

luton_soundman wrote: i keep having problems logging in. i dont know my password, but have the remember password set for this site...however 9/10 times it says incorrect password, it done it just now 4 times ina row then decided to suddenly accept it and log me in :s. once im logged in i'd like tochange my password to something i know and can remember, however in order to do so i need to type in my old one hwich i dont know. if i click forgot password on the homepage before logging in i try to ask for a new one but i get a message saying i need to enable cookies etc when it has already been done. so i duno what i can do? :s

Me too. All cookies cleard. Happens on IE8 and IE9. doesn't remember pw although says logged in until you try and reply , then two or three goes to get logged in.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18456 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
people love to comment that their are no new designs etc, but then give bugger all advice to people actualy trying to do just that..... if u design cabs comercialy then i understand you may no tbe intrested in having free competition, but it seems odd the then complain....

More
11 years 11 months ago #18457 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Re: Where have all the people gone

thepersonunknown wrote: people love to comment that their are no new designs etc, but then give bugger all advice to people actualy trying to do just that..... if u design cabs comercialy then i understand you may no tbe intrested in having free competition, but it seems odd the then complain....

Who was that comment aimed at?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #18464 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: Where have all the people gone

thepersonunknown wrote: people love to comment that their are no new designs etc, but then give bugger all advice to people actualy trying to do just that..... if u design cabs comercialy then i understand you may no tbe intrested in having free competition, but it seems odd the then complain....

this comment is a bit harsh.......

best new design ive seen in years is the cubo range, a free design.

I build for a living for a pro manufacturer, but have given a fair few designs for free away, granted mainly by pm and only reflex stuff, but im allways willing to help.

Tony ass has given more help and advice than anyone i now on how to build stuff.(pro builder/manufacturer)

Tony wilkes has given loads of help (pro manufacturer)

Mykey if you ignore his bad humour has offered loads of help (pro builder/manufacturer)

Roger mogule again has given so much (pro manufacturer)

ok the list goes on and on of pro audio guys giving there advice and help for free, just dont expect there help on a plate these guys will make you work and research a bit, to get the answers you need, but wont send you off in the wrong direction......

then there is the diyers that offer just as much advice,nicky, lev, bitzo, the list goes on......

its how you interpret there advice......
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by bee.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #18473 by thepersonunknown
it was agtualy not aimed at anyone in particular, but quite a few people at the same time, if you get me.

however i retract it, these forums have been very helpful to me and many others and the ony reason i vented that is cos i was frustrated that a few questions ive been asking for a couple of months have gone unanswered.

i apologise for the above comment, and hope its not held against me

cheers
dave
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by thepersonunknown.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18474 by bee

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18475 by thepersonunknown
i cant rember where exactly now, i dont feel so comfortable bringing it up now given my toys out the pram post above. i find it a but embaressing and would only feel worse if now you top chaps went out of the way to help me as a direct reult.... i hope u understand.

it was about ported straight band pass horns, and possible issues when tuned to the critical 90ish hz, and the possible need of a phase plug in the front chamber to use above 300hz. ive been reading round a lot, as i didnt get much help, and in the last couple of months ive been able to answer most of my own questions. mostly with the help of threads here and on the other side, to one of which u were a magor contributer tony, just as a matter of fact.

i realy am very sorry for the above, way off character for me realy. i posted quite a pissed off thread on the other side in the advanced discussion at the same time, but i think in some ways it actualy runs a little true over there (its not the same as the rubbish i wrote here). i am kinda regretting that one too though.

i got pissed off in general last night cos i realy felt that sometimes pointless issues got so much attention, often in very repetitive ways, while other topics didnt even register. that would be very unfair to say over here, and at any rate, who am i to judge

anyway, sorry again

cheers
dave

More
11 years 11 months ago #18480 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: Where have all the people gone
chill m8t we can all say things in the heat of the moment, but most never say sorry.... ill try and find topic and take a read, some times things get missed, or just cant be answered, for some reason...

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds