-=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-

More
15 years 10 months ago #2258 by bertie
Replied by bertie on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
Yes Mykey,they were part of the Uni-bell Community system.Had four of them .They are kick binns, loaded now with Fane coll.15XB drivers.With the four HD15's they realy kick ass,but I still need some more serious bass[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Bertie

Let\'s ROCK !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2259 by wafflesomd
Replied by wafflesomd on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
Well, here's out little stack. It may be small, but holy crap is it loud.

The top cabinets are plans from a partsexpress build. They are loaded with some random Eminence guitar speakers given to us for free. The previous owner said they were "broken". They sound pretty good for broken speakers lol.

I'm the fat one...

Yes, that is a regulated PSU hooked up to a car amp.

The system may look like crap, but it really does sound great. We had the cops show up that night. Apparently neighbors a half a mile away thought it was too loud.

• ginger_biscuit69
More
15 years 10 months ago #2269 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
get some proper amps on that lot and you will probably find it sounding twice as loud!!!

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #2271 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-

mykey wrote:

stop all this nonsense!

the X1 will make the HOG look pointless low down

i think not

as i have heard both, and you have heard neither cabs i dont think there is any more to say.

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2274 by toastyghost
Replied by toastyghost on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
I've not heard Hogs, but having heard a variety of scoops and X1s I think it depends on your preference for the sound. If you're into your dub/reggae warm, distorted bottom end then you can't really go wrong with scoops, and what I've heard about the Hogs makes them a fine choice.

I've not been impressed with the sound of X1s until the last week, each time I've heard them they've made a fair bit of rumble up close but nothing exceptional for what is quite a large box. It seemed that you need quite a few to keep up with kick boxes; but then I heard three (PD loaded I believe) with a pair of F218s on Friday running properly and they did seem to do the business.

I'll get to hear that stack times two next week, outdoors, and I'll make my up then, but for now I'd still personally lean towards scoops if you're going DIY and play that style of music.

As for myself, I just can't get over how good the Stasys X sound compared to both the aforementioned options [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #2281 by
The X1s are on odd cab... my 650EL loaded ones 'work'.. you can hear the low stuff / things rattle etc.. BUT 1850 loaded they are silly.. makes the air feel warm around you even from a fair distance outdoors...

My 1850s arrived today, 2 days after ordering from PD! (infact 2 days early as they said I would receive them on Wednesday) All perfect as far as I can tell without plugging them in... will load them into the X1s tonight and confirm they are all good... ROLL ON 5PM!!!!

More
15 years 10 months ago #2290 by wafflesomd

ginger_biscuit69 wrote: get some proper amps on that lot and you will probably find it sounding twice as loud!!!

We've got another EP2500 for the scoops but it wasn't needed here. We hardly ever use our second one. There's usually no need for it. One ep2500 drives all four pretty well. We'll probably be buying something a little smaller in terms of wattage to power those 12" two ways.

It's not a bad system for a few college kids with limited funds.
Edited by: wafflesomd

• ginger_biscuit69
More
15 years 10 months ago #2292 by ginger_biscuit69
surely if you had a spare it would have been better on the midtops?

how olds a college kid?

More
15 years 10 months ago #2295 by wafflesomd
The system is split between me and a friend. Were both 19 and done with a year of college so far.

I own the subs and EP2500's, he owns the 12"s and a couple other amps. I also have another friend with some great lighting equipment.

• ginger_biscuit69
More
15 years 10 months ago #2298 by ginger_biscuit69
im only 20 mate, age is nothing in this game . this is what im sticking outin a fortnight....

sounds by adambomb - 4x bokes, 6x HD215's, 4x X1's, proline amps, djm800 mixer, CDJ mk2 decks, technics vinyls, and a kaos pad, ASS/JBL monitoring

lighting by me - 4x abstract vr8r's, 3x assorted lasers, 3x martin minimacs, 1x martin starflash, 2x spinmaster 1's, LEDpar56's, mountains ofropelights and illuminateddecor, 2x 1.5minflated stars,2x scaff towers, 8m astralite truss, unique 2 hazer, 1500w smoke machine. Hopefully sort a dmx desk/dongle out, or will just link each set of lights in auto and get pissed!Edited by: ginger_biscuit69

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds