-=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-

More
15 years 8 months ago #3291 by loudevents
Replied by loudevents on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-

ginger_biscuit69 wrote: wasnt doing anything, that was there in case someone turned up with something exotic and ndeded it!

"If I catch you doing that again with my graphics it'll be off the stage with you" :)

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3292 by loudevents
Replied by loudevents on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
The EV Rx boxes are lovely. The 115 is designed as an upright or wedge type box, the horn is asymmetrical and can be rotated depending on the box orientation and coverage required. They sound bloody great passive, but switch them into bi-amp mode and they really come alive. With good stage conditions we don't often have to do much with the EQ's in order to get ear-splitting GBF.

I typically use 8 to 10 boxes around the stage, with one sitting on an Rx118 sub for drumfill. Double this up for drummers that need things "loud"!

A previous poster commented on their durability. They are built like tanks and have no problem standing up to the typical monitor abuse. I have had practically zero problems since owning my first pair a while back and they have been used on several large high-profile R&R shows.

Not cheap, but yet again good equipment never is!

For anyone looking to throw good money at a new set of tops I would recommend a look at the Rx212. www.electrovoice.com/products/193.html

More
15 years 8 months ago #3554 by insane tony
Replied by insane tony on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-

More
15 years 8 months ago #3562 by jake_fielder
Replied by jake_fielder on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-

ArkSystems wrote:

What are those ported horns please?

More
15 years 8 months ago #3563 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
chaudio's ported horns, check the shootout thread (and the big one on SP). You should know this[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

More
15 years 8 months ago #3565 by jake_fielder
Replied by jake_fielder on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
Oh so they're chris's? i thought they were hisbut i wondered why it wasnt him posting it!

cheers,

More
15 years 8 months ago #3566 by odc04r
Replied by odc04r on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-
Well the cabs are mine really, but the design is all by Chris and he has free reign to do anything he likes with them gig wise.

They still need finishing off with a few last coats of paints and handles though. I have an idea for them gigwise nearer Christmas perhaps.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #3648 by

This is half our rig set up at the Summer Sounds festival in frodsham at the weekend. It's not quite the monster that some of you lot own but it's a start, don't sound too bad either.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4188 by insane tony
Replied by insane tony on topic -=SHOW OFF YOUR STACKS & RACKS!!!=-

Dangerclaat wrote:
This is half our rig set up at the Summer Sounds festival in frodsham at the weekend. It's not quite the monster that some of you lot own but it's a start, don't sound too bad either.

Nice mate....like it! What are the bottom W-bins?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #4274 by
Cheers dude. the W-Bins are loaded with fane 18xbs. Bought 'em off ebay originally [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] To be honest they cant really keep up when we get the 4mts and 2 hd215s on the go and we're looking to replace them with some punishers in the near future. Lovin the colour of your rig

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds