Roots & Culture Lightweight Amp Shotout - Matrix feedback

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 11 months ago #13445 by levyte357
In the interests of Peace and "Fresh start", starting this thread from here.

Sinfinity wrote: Good evening all.

Thankyou Lev for amending the post.

I cant get a reply from Andy for you until he has the amp back, it will be with him early part of next week. I was waiting for the feedback from him before posting, but wish to keep you all in the loop.

We are thankfull of the chance to put a non production model ( hence the tape ) into an environment that truly tests it. I think the event on Sunday was a brilliant test, without which we would not be able to make the amps stronger.

I will be able to post more about the amp as soon as Andy has had a look at it.
The other amp is still working, running warm ( as any class AB would ) and sounding fine smiley1 . I was confident enough in it that I took it on a 450 mile round trip for testing yesterday.

Will report more when I know more.

In the meantime my thanks once again to the guys that put the effort into the event and the people that took the time to travel there.

Cheers
Matt

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13460 by mykey-
ding ! ding! round 1

More
12 years 11 months ago #13461 by mykey-
sorry, delete if you want smiley22

More
12 years 11 months ago #13537 by cilla.scope
I suspect the lawyers are already sharpening thier pencils :)

Interesting to note the move away from a "public access forum" under the protection of the "safe harbor" principles to an edited publication ... I am surprised FSP has the funds for the liability insurance.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13538 by giveortake

cilla.scope wrote: I suspect the lawyers are already sharpening thier pencils :)

Interesting to note the move away from a "public access forum" under the protection of the "safe harbor" principles to an edited publication ... I am surprised FSP has the funds for the liability insurance.

heh?

www.freespeakerplans.com/disclaimer.html oh and shut up please, keyboard ninjas are so last year.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #13540 by cilla.scope
As you like, but when moderators start deleting comments they dont agree with, moving posts around to make up editorial content that represents their point of view etc, then you lose the protection of what are known as "safe harbour" principles (basically, if you simply act as a "carrier", rather like BT or the Post Office, you cannot sue the post office if someone sends you an offensive letter ) once you start editing posts to put forward a particualr point of view, you become liable for the content.

You will note in the link to the disclaimer: "While Free SpeakerPlans does not monitor the content placed on its site" which is a standard term, usually insisted upon by the lawyers to try and keep the owners within the "safe harbour" rules. It is very clear that recently, the content certainly has been monitored and edited with the specific intention of reflecting the views of the moderators.

I have in the past run reasonably large forums myself, and taken legal advice in the past. When I see Lev deciding what posts should stay and what posts should go, and removing ones that don't fit in with his chosen point of view ... makes me wonder if he appreciates the shift in liability that implies.

All of a sudden, "Free" speakerplans appears to be more tightly controlled than Speakerplans, which was the reason this one started in the first place.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by cilla.scope.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 11 months ago #13541 by levyte357

cilla.scope wrote: When I see Lev deciding what posts should stay and what posts should go, and removing ones that don't fit in with his chosen point of view ... makes me wonder if he appreciates the shift in liability that implies.

Actually, before "any" action was taken, the issue was raised on the Mods only forum, and suggestions made about what should stay, and what should go.

Maybe "The Mods", need to discuss this issue again.. smiley2

More
12 years 11 months ago #13542 by cilla.scope
fair enough, so long as you are happy with your decision :)

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 11 months ago #13543 by levyte357

cilla.scope wrote: All of a sudden, "Free" speakerplans appears to be more tightly controlled than Speakerplans, which was the reason this one started in the first place.

Yes Freespeakerplans is more "regulated" than SP, which is required to avoid the frequent descent into anarchy, often seen in threads on "other forums".

You are directed to the "R&C" Code of Conduct, introduced directly after formation of the forum, to curtail such proceedings. This was posted over 6 months ago, so not quite "suddenly" then.

www.freespeakerplans.com/index.php?optio...opic.php&f=44&t=1294

Would have thought the reason FSP started in the first place, was for it to be a place "free" from frequent threats of being closed down, and "free" from the back door "gestapo" tactics of deleting threads/banning users, because certain posts even though factual, painted "certain manufacturers" products in an undesirable light, or caused competition, to certain forum "associated" manufacturers.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13544 by cilla.scope
And yet, here you are doing exactly the same thing .. deleting posts and cutting threads up to prevent anyone disagreeing with your point of view.

The priciples you point out above are all well and good, and indeed laudable, however, if you don't stick to them, there is little point in having them.

Anyway, bored now ... I expect this will get deleted too.

Moderators: matrix ampSinfinity
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds