Dummy thinkin of building a P A

More
10 years 3 months ago #21088 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re:Dummy thinkin of building a P A
...just design a reflex bass can and high pass it around 80-90 and tune to top cut off to your liking.... have a look around the forum and see what other people are using.

sent from my 'droid as im at work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #21089 by dnb123
Replied by dnb123 on topic Re:Dummy thinkin of building a P A
The thing is the bin will only have like an 8/10" driver don't know if it's worth is, and I don't know what high pass is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
10 years 3 months ago #21090 by mini-mad
8 or 10 is gonna be a little on the small side for kick unless you use 4x 10 in a reflex box.... it means setting you active crossover (needs to be a 3way at this point) to only allow FROM 80hz to around 200hz to pass and this is your kick band. Eg. 80hz high pass and a 200hz low pass.

sent from my 'droid as im at work

More
10 years 3 months ago #21091 by dnb123
Oh right!! Okay so the way to make it a kick is by high passing it? And there will be 2 of these bins and maybe in future 2more big kick bins

More
10 years 3 months ago #21092 by dnb123
So does this mean the bin will be have to be fed into the active crossover through a different wire to the 'highs' coz it was meant to be part of the mt 130 and I was gunna wire the tweeter, kick and mid in parallel so that I only need one output box

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #21094 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Dummy thinkin of building a P A
That won't work. If you put passive crossovers on all of those other speakers, I suppose you could get some sound off of one output, but the difference in sensitivity for each speaker and the inability to eq or limit, you will blow the tweeters and it will sound bad. You need a separate output on the active crossover for each band. You will also need an amp channel for each of those outputs to power the speaker for each of those bands. For the MT 130 you could just do a passive crossover between the tweeter and the mid, but performance will be much better biamped. Definitely do NOT wire the kick parallel to the MT 130.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bgrade.

More
10 years 3 months ago #21096 by dnb123
Okay, yeah I'll probably have a separate face plate for the kick and wire it to the low band and then to the bass amp. Thanks

More
10 years 3 months ago #21097 by mini-mad
If you intend on actively crossing this lot your gonna need a minimum or 3way crossover and 2amps MINIMUM. 1channel to run sub bass another channel to run kick bass and another channel again to run your tops (if they end up with a passive crossover inside them)... you are then left with 1channel to either have stereo tops or as a redundent channel and mono stack the whole thing.
....how big is your budget again?

..sent from my other 'droid. nope, not the one your looking for.

More
10 years 3 months ago #21098 by dnb123
I'm I've spent all my money, so atm zero but I've applied to a trillion jobs so hopefully good things will happen this year, il send you a pic of my crossover, amp and mt 130 and see if I have the right stuff (dw I know I'll need another amp

More
10 years 3 months ago #21099 by dnb123

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds