Having Cubo 12 problems........(SOLVED)(SOLVED)

More
12 years 11 months ago #13060 by Cubo15
I doubt that it's the MDf, quality might vary but it shouldn't crackle. Did you recalculated the design entirely (as you say you used 3/4" instead of 5/8th)?

Are you using t-nuts and bolts to secure the driver? Screws won't do.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bryan
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #13084 by bryan

Cubo15 wrote: I doubt that it's the MDf, quality might vary but it shouldn't crackle. Did you recalculated the design entirely (as you say you used 3/4" instead of 5/8th)?

Best regards

Cubo

i recalculated the specs entirely but the porting ended up closing in at-least 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch my mistake, smiley13 but i don't think :think: that could be the problem but i am in the process of re-sealing the cubo entirely will let you know if that solves the problem, but besides the noise that i am getting the cubo sounds promising, oh and yes i am using T-nuts and bolts but the T-nuts and bolts were installed for RCF speakers and did not work for the eminence speakers also the JBLs so they were mounted with screws directly on the baffle because of the problem i am having hope for the best Thank you.......

More
12 years 11 months ago #13093 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Having Cubo 12 problems........(SOLVED)(SOLVED)

bryan wrote:

Cubo15 wrote: I doubt that it's the MDf, quality might vary but it shouldn't crackle. Did you recalculated the design entirely (as you say you used 3/4" instead of 5/8th)?

Best regards

Cubo

i recalculated the specs entirely but the porting ended up closing in at-least 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch my mistake, smiley13 but i don't think :think: that could be the problem but i am in the process of re-sealing the cubo entirely will let you know if that solves the problem, but besides the noise that i am getting the cubo sounds promising, oh and yes i am using T-nuts and bolts but the T-nuts and bolts were installed for RCF speakers and did not work for the eminence speakers also the JBLs so they were mounted with screws directly on the baffle because of the problem i am having hope for the best Thank you.......

So the t nut holes are open through the baffle then?

More
12 years 10 months ago #13736 by Cubo15
Out of curiosity, what was the fix?

Thanks for changing the tile ;)

Best regards

Cubo

• bryan
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #13775 by bryan

Cubo15 wrote: Out of curiosity, what was the fix?

Thanks for changing the tile ;)

Best regards

Cubo

HI Cubo,
This was the fix, it so happened that the MDF i used to build the cubo 12 was defective and it so happened, unfortunately, the defective part was used as the baffle for the speaker mounting without my knowledge i did not see it at all , the defect was a tiny hole less than 1/16th in diameter through and through the baffle it looked like it was made from a nail or similar but it came from the store i bought it at with that defect . As a result of that the cubo was not air tight at all a lot of air was escaping through that tiny hole causing the crackling sound, so i sealed him up and that was it joy and happiness came lol. smiley1

Thank You,Enjoy.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15409 by nossy132
what is the best / recommended driver for cubo 12???
The following user(s) said Thank You: sinter_claes

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds