file Having Cubo 12 problems........(SOLVED)(SOLVED)

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #12940 by bryan
Hi i need some help with the cubo 12 it is getting really stressing, i built a cubo 12 exactly as the specs said on the cubo 12 plans now this is the problem i am encountering : Evey 12'' speaker i tried doesn't seem to work i tried RCF,B&C, Eminence kappa pro 12 and EV woofers now the problem i am having is that the cubo 12 enclosure makes the woofers sound like they are burnt like if the speaker voice coils are damaged i tried alot of 12'' speakers in the enclosure but i keep getting the same problem i doubled checked every measurement in the cubo everything is up to specs and all bracing and struts are firm, the box was built with 3/4 mdf, why is it that every 12'' speaker i use in the cubo 12 design sounds like it is damaged well i ruled out speaker problems because i took every 12'' and tried it in another enclosure (bass reflex) design and every 12'' woofer sounds great no problem but when i re-installed it back into the cubo 12 design the speaker is sounding like if the voice coil is burnt or damage i am sure you guys know how a burnt or damaged woofer voice coil sounds? but nothing is wrong with the speakers because i tried it in another enclosure and it sounds great and the cubo 12 was built strong it was well built i even tried different dampening options but nothing seems to solve the speaker crackling in the box and it is only happening in the cubo 12 no other enclosure any help would be greatly appreciated thanks............

HI guys thank you so much for your help and support concerning my cubo 12 problems i finally found out the problem that was causing my speaker to crackle, it so happened that the MDF i used to build the cubo 12 was defective and it so happened, unfortunately, the defective part was used as the baffle for the speaker mounting without my knowledge, the defect was a tiny hole less than 1/16th in diameter through and through the baffle. As a result of that the cubo was not air tight at all a lot of air was escaping through that tiny hole causing the crackling sound, so i sealed him up and that was it joy and happiness came lol. This is my take on the cubo 12, JUST AMAZING!!!!! To simplify my terms, anyone who wants to try these enclosure go right ahead you can't go wrong it is worth the time,effort and build believe me it will blow you off your feet it has just the right amount of impact together the right amount of low end the total response for me is just perfect, thank you again guys for your help i have some pics of my cubo 12 first build posted check it out....................
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #12943 by bee
how are you loading them, magnet in chamber or magnet out......

12 years 11 months ago #12945 by bryan

bee wrote: how are you loading them, magnet in chamber or magnet out......

i tried the magnet in the chamber and magnet out of the chamber it doesn't solve the problem i keep getting the same problem i can't even get a single note to come out of the cubo without getting this crackling sound :x smiley19 i don't understand what is the problem i love the design, but it just don't seem to love me hmmmmmmmm lol smiley14

12 years 11 months ago #12947 by mykey-
you're expecting too much from them :lol:
try not TURNING it up so much :oops:

12 years 11 months ago #12950 by jsk
What are you HP / LP filter settings

12 years 11 months ago #12958 by bryan
i'm using LP settings...

12 years 11 months ago #12959 by bryan

mykey- wrote: you're expecting too much from them :lol:
try not TURNING it up so much :oops:

the slightly amplification added to them i still keep on arriving with the same problem....

12 years 11 months ago #12962 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Having Cubo 12 problems........(SOLVED)(SOLVED)
No box is going to cause crackling, you could put the speaker in free air and not crackle for a given input.

Try a lead straight from the speaker to the amp, no speakon, to eliminate everything.
Then set a HPF at 38hz with a 48 slope.

12 years 11 months ago #12964 by bryan
the speaker was played in free air with no enclosure and with a certain level and no crackling was encountered. i installed it back into the cubo 12 and played the speaker with that same level and it started to crackling.

12 years 11 months ago #12969 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Having Cubo 12 problems........(SOLVED)(SOLVED)
Air leak around driver mounting? Air leak somewhere else.

I'm not doubting you, but these have been built by many people to good effect.

This has to be another issue.