file Having Cubo 12 problems........(SOLVED)(SOLVED)

12 years 11 months ago #12980 by Cubo15
Are you absolutely certain it's the speaker making the sound?

Once had a similar damaged-speaker-sound coming from a cabinet (think it was a Cubo 15), it turned out to be a screw dancing on the cone.
Obviously that isn't your exact problem but it indicates there might be something else vibrating in the cabinet creating a very-much-like-a-damaged-speaker-sound.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #12982 by bee
have you built one or two cabs.... do both have the same issue with the drivers......

12 years 11 months ago #12983 by bryan
the box is locked air tight...there is a rubber gasket between the speaker and the speaker mount...

12 years 11 months ago #12988 by el_dj
at what frequency are you crossing?

12 years 11 months ago #12991 by jsk
Have you tried more than one driver in this box, if so are they all making the same noise?

12 years 11 months ago #13004 by bryan

jsk wrote: Have you tried more than one driver in this box, if so are they all making the same noise?

yes i have treied 4 different drivers in the box and they are all making the same noise....

12 years 11 months ago #13005 by bryan

Cubo15 wrote: Are you absolutely certain it's the speaker making the sound?

Once had a similar damaged-speaker-sound coming from a cabinet (think it was a Cubo 15), it turned out to be a screw dancing on the cone.
Obviously that isn't your exact problem but it indicates there might be something else vibrating in the cabinet creating a very-much-like-a-damaged-speaker-sound.

Best regards

Cubo

i checked all the reinforcement in the box and all braces and struts where firmly intact. i built it with 3/4 mbf icould be the problem?
thank you...

12 years 11 months ago #13006 by MAutopsy
I would guess you have a leaky cab. Check your handles, tophats, plates, etc. Get some silicon and seal the sh!t out of it. smiley20

12 years 11 months ago #13007 by bryan

MAutopsy wrote: I would guess you have a leaky cab. Check your handles, tophats, plates, etc. Get some silicon and seal the sh!t out of it. smiley20

i have no handles, tophats,plates on the box...the inside of the box is totally sealed up with liquid nail...

12 years 11 months ago #13008 by MAutopsy
i would still run a bead of silicon or 'liquid nails' along all the ends where panels meet. Remember that most construction glue isnt really meant to be airtight, just do its job