file Cubo Sub

2 years 11 months ago #24826 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Sub
The main benefit of a 21" driver over an 18" driver (in Cubo Sub) is either when you EQ it down low or when you have a lot of power available. I've send you the plans for Cubo 21 from questionsaboutcubo.

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #24827 by Andrew4566
Replied by Andrew4566 on topic Cubo Sub
Thanks Cubo!!

2 years 11 months ago #24833 by Andrew4566
Is the three layer buildup on the opposite side of the horn from the Driver for strength or needed for the horn tapper?

-Andy

2 years 11 months ago #24835 by Andrew4566
Is the three layer buildup on the opposite side of the horn from the Driver for strength or needed for the horn tapper?

-Andy

2 years 7 months ago #24887 by blake8188
Replied by blake8188 on topic Cubo Sub
Would it be possible to design some kind of hybrid between the Cubo 18" and the SBH in the sense that the driver in the Cubo would be in its own seperate space instead of the mouth of the horn/end of the throat? Or does that just defeat the purpose of it being a hybrid? I'm quite new to this so excuse the poor terminology please :)

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #24890 by Cubo15
That does defeat part of the hybrid purpose, as the "tap" near the horn mouth does give it an ever so slight increase in output (near 60 Hz). It follows the concept of the 'tapped horn' in that regard instead of a 'rear loaded horn' a.k.a 'scoop' (driver placed on the front/ not in the horn mouth). The SBH is a 'front loaded horn' with a low frequency output nearer Cubo Sub IIRC.

Cubo 18 and Cubo Sub are two different designs.

1 year 6 months ago #25012 by Zambrotta
Replied by Zambrotta on topic Cubo Sub
Hello Cubo how are you the driver i can access for my cubo sub build has got the following parameters

Fs = 55Hz
Qms= 3.745
Vas=2.377 cu. ft
Cms=0.041mm/N
Mms=204.2g
Rms=18.85kg/s
Xmax=8mm
P-Diameter=370mm
Sd=1075sq.cm
P-Vd=0.86 liters
Qes=0.75
Re=5 ohms
Le=0.61mH
Z=5ohms
BL=21.69Tm
Pe=1000watts
Qts=0.625
no=1.439%
1-w Spl =93.73db
2.83-V SPL=95.77db

I would like to find out from you if its a good driver for the cubo sub and if there are any adjustments to be made on the cubo sub to get maximum output from it

Best regards

Zambrotta

1 year 6 months ago #25013 by Cubo15
To be honest it's not the greatest loudspeaker, it might be meant for car audio originally (low Vas, high Qes) but it simulates surprisingly well in Cubo Sub. Without any alterations, going both low and loud with a rising response, wouldn't cross it too high though (preferably a steep 80 Hz-ish crossover).

Cubo

1 year 6 months ago #25015 by Zambrotta
Replied by Zambrotta on topic Cubo Sub
ok thanks so can you give me a guide on what to look at in the thiele parameters of a 18 inch driver that would do well in the cubo sub. Am sorry am still a novice in the diy speaker building

Zambrotta

1 year 6 months ago #25016 by Cubo15
A typical Cubo Sub driver has a Fs between 25 - 40 Hz, a Qts between 0.2 - 0.4 (lower is favourable) and a Vas between 150 - 300 Liter. Xmax 7 mm or more (more is better), a 4" voice coil (or larger) and Xmech preferably 20 mm or more (one way). A typical ferrite 18" will at least weigh in at 12 kilo (25 lbs).