• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #24601 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Sub
I have no data.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #24630 by Stefist
Replied by Stefist on topic Cubo Sub
Hello

I would be curious to see the simulationwith a rcf 18X451, A b&c 18DS115 and a bms 18n862.

Can anyone do this ?

cheers

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 9 months ago #24635 by Cubo15
I don't have any of the data anymore, I suggest making a (2D-)model in Sketchup and derive the Hornresp input parameters from there, if you need any pointers let me know.
Cubo

More
3 years 8 months ago #24648 by SubMeditation
Replied by SubMeditation on topic Cubo Sub
Greetings Cubo,

do you think i could adjust the inner depth to about 30cm and put thi 10" driver in: www.lautsprechershop.de/pdf/mivoc/awm104.pdf ?
I've builded a tapped horn with this speaker and want to know if the extra wood & weight is really worth it, because i'm planing to build serveral of them for some 5ghz connected 12v bicycle systems.

Cheers

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #24650 by Cubo15
I suppose you mean reducing the inner width to 30 cm, although I would make it as small as possible, so perhaps 28 cm inner width. Also, with a single driver that wouldn't work out all that great, I would fit two 10" drivers (one behind the other) on the baffle. It should just fit, with about 1 cm between the drivers. Only one 10" simply doesn't have the Sd to make it work but two have.
Now, although I'm a big fan of 12V PA systems that drop down low, it isn't the most energy efficient. If output is more important or how long the battery lasts, two Cubo 12 (with reduced inner width) will have more output between 50 - 80 Hz. This is where the most energy in bass is located, it won't sound as low but add a lot of thump.

Cubo

More
3 years 6 months ago #24714 by space141
Replied by space141 on topic Cubo Sub
Hello Cubo and fellow community members.

I made a 21" version of the Cubo Sub a few years back now which was fitted with an old-shool Precision Devices driver that was rated 750W rms (ET211S) but it never sounded that great due to the heavy cone I think.

Can anyone shed any light on the following driver and whether it would be suitable for the CUBO SUB - I cannot find any recommeded TS parameters for drivers on the page, neither can I find a post of anyone else making the 21" version to my knowledge.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated - the driver is the Beyma 21PW1400Fe with the following specs:

Thiele-Small Parameters

Resonant Frequency (fs) 30 Hz
Impedance (Re) 5.2 ohms
Coil Inductance (Le) 3.7 mH
Mechanical Q (Qms) 7.44
Electrical Factor (Qes) .36
Total Q (Qts) .34
Comp. Equivalent Vol. (Vas) 14.18 ft3 / 401.5 Liters
Voice Coil Overhang (Xmax) 10.0 mm
Surface Area of Cone (Sd)m2 0.1734m2
Reference Efficiency 2.83%
Displacement Volume (Vd) 1729 cm3

Many thanks in advance,

TLC.

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 5 months ago #24715 by Cubo15

but it never sounded that great due to the heavy cone I think

It would be really nice if you new the T/S-parameters of the PD.

Now it's difficult to say whether you didn't like the driver, the cabinet or the incorporation into the rest of your system slash processing. If you know the T/S-parameters it's easy to compare them to the 21PW1400Fe and say if it's the same or completely different and if it attributed to your experience of the Cubo 21. To answer your question whether this is going to improve things for you without the T/S-parameters, we need to figure out what you didn't like about it exactly. What did (or didn't)  you do to it, processing, amplifier power, what tops did you use (any delay on those), magnet inside the chamber, magnet inside the horn, etc. To me the 18LW1400 in Cubo Sub with the magnet inside the horn or inside the chamber sounded like two different cabinets, one for 'rumble' and the other one rather tight and loud.

It would also help if you have heard the PD's in another enclosure, anything that tells us if it's the driver, Cubo or system settings, or a combination of those.

Typically a 21" driver doesn't perform that much better than an 18" driver, in the same sized enclosure, it just has more potential. You need either a lot of power or quite a bit of EQ to get that potential (air displacement) to fruition. Someone in the Netherlands is building a custom version of it and probably going for the RCF LF21N551 or Lavoce SAN215.30, I assume with a small nuclear reactor to power the amplifiers because they can handle it and need that kind of power to really shine (beyond the scope of an 18" driver).

Best regards Cubo

More
3 years 3 months ago #24762 by shashnatiq
Replied by shashnatiq on topic Cubo Sub
Hi Cubo.
Which of these drivers wold be best suited for the Cubo Sub?
RCF LF18X401
Eighteensound 18LW1400
Fane Colossus Prime 18XS

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #24763 by Cubo15
I would rate them exactly in that order:

1. RCF LF18X401
2. Eighteensound 18LW1400
3. Fane Colossus Prime 18XS

Best regards Cubo

More
3 years 4 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #24825 by Andrew4566
Replied by Andrew4566 on topic Cubo Sub
18sound 21lw1400...I accidentally bought these.

Could you please assess how well this driver would work in the Cubo Sub?

-Andy
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by Andrew4566.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds