file Cubo Sub

4 months 4 weeks ago #24601 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Sub
I have no data.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #24630 by Stefist
Replied by Stefist on topic Cubo Sub
Hello

I would be curious to see the simulationwith a rcf 18X451, A b&c 18DS115 and a bms 18n862.

Can anyone do this ?

cheers

3 months 2 weeks ago #24635 by Cubo15
I don't have any of the data anymore, I suggest making a (2D-)model in Sketchup and derive the Hornresp input parameters from there, if you need any pointers let me know.
Cubo

2 months 2 weeks ago #24648 by SubMeditation
Replied by SubMeditation on topic Cubo Sub
Greetings Cubo,

do you think i could adjust the inner depth to about 30cm and put thi 10" driver in: www.lautsprechershop.de/pdf/mivoc/awm104.pdf ?
I've builded a tapped horn with this speaker and want to know if the extra wood & weight is really worth it, because i'm planing to build serveral of them for some 5ghz connected 12v bicycle systems.

Cheers

2 months 1 week ago #24650 by Cubo15
I suppose you mean reducing the inner width to 30 cm, although I would make it as small as possible, so perhaps 28 cm inner width. Also, with a single driver that wouldn't work out all that great, I would fit two 10" drivers (one behind the other) on the baffle. It should just fit, with about 1 cm between the drivers. Only one 10" simply doesn't have the Sd to make it work but two have.
Now, although I'm a big fan of 12V PA systems that drop down low, it isn't the most energy efficient. If output is more important or how long the battery lasts, two Cubo 12 (with reduced inner width) will have more output between 50 - 80 Hz. This is where the most energy in bass is located, it won't sound as low but add a lot of thump.

Cubo