R2U system. The final stages.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #9109 by tony.a.s.s.
R2U system. The final stages. was created by tony.a.s.s.
Having posted a photo of the latest horn, I thought I would show the application and fixings before the system is finally painted and loaded.
The photos show the horn support and rear driver support. I made these prototypes to prove that mechanically it will work. I now have to make sure I can put everything into production now. (No glazing over)
[attachment=2:jdyut3i6]<!-- ia2 -->IMG_0637.JPG<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:jdyut3i6]
[attachment=1:jdyut3i6]<!-- ia1 -->IMG_0638.JPG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:jdyut3i6]
[attachment=0:jdyut3i6]<!-- ia0 -->IMG_0639.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:jdyut3i6]

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9113 by bee

More
13 years 8 months ago #9121 by saul
Replied by saul on topic R2U system. The final stages.
cool i didnt realize you were going to do the downward angle on the mid too smiley20

More
13 years 8 months ago #9123 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic R2U system. The final stages.
Those brackets look very strong,bet you could hang a PD1850 on them!!!!! Looking good.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9124 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic R2U system. The final stages.
tough build as usual. smiley32 Can't wait to see the full stack complete smiley20 . BTW could I ask what are the xover point ?

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #9125 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic R2U system. The final stages.
Saul, the angles in the mid are symetrical, it's just the photo angle.
Bitzo, I haven't finalized the accurate x/o points yet but my target is around 600 hz from the mid to top. This also means that the shortest wave length from the mid is contained within the cab, so there will be breakup of smaller waves.
The whole system could be finished by the end of this week, and when I post the pictures, I will give a full account of the system and my thoughts on why I did things the way I have.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9126 by saul
Replied by saul on topic R2U system. The final stages.
aaahhh you got me! smiley32

More
13 years 8 months ago #9210 by jonny4288
Replied by jonny4288 on topic R2U system. The final stages.
are we going to be fortunate enough to see a preview (picture) of this new system :) ? was reading on sp that its built just needs testing when amps have been acquired?

-edit-

have reread your last response on this thread :p guess we will have to wait until testing has been done

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #9211 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic R2U system. The final stages.
I am nearly there with the system. I have just finished making the x\o that divides the two halves of the compression. I have just converted it from a bunch of bits to something that resembles a crossover. One of my problems in getting the new one done is time, because I am busy with other stuff. Anyway, it won't be long. I have also only just received the balance of the chassis speakers I need for 2 stacks.
The basic system will consist of, per stack, 2 RXjnr subs 1 1x15 folded horn upper bass 1 2x12 horn mid hi cab. The horn as you will have seen is suspended in the mouth of the mid.
This primarily is a dance system, and for live work, it's possible that one of the subs will be replaced by another upper bass cab.
Without any skids on the cabs, each stack will stand, with 2 subs per stack, 94" high which puts the hf horn in a good position.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9243 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic R2U system. The final stages.
sorry to bother you Tony, I know you're involved in a lot things but I really want know your impression about sw115..compared to the old driver in rx18 junior.

cheers, bitzo

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds