Is Crest CC5500 as good as CA18

More
13 years 2 months ago #11702 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Is Crest CC5500 as good as CA18
alot of it's just part of the banter and i suppose you get attitude wherever you go in every scene. i just let the sound do the talking smiley1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11703 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Is Crest CC5500 as good as CA18
Lev, we see things from different sides of the fence. I have spent years in the business dealing with the Sound system guys and there are a lot who, once having bought their system, would sooner I didn't sell to anyone else so they can keep it for them selves. Guys used to ask me to leave the badges off. How did that ever help me?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
13 years 2 months ago #11704 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Is Crest CC5500 as good as CA18
this is allso tru....... but last night was more to do with gangs v gangs, meeting up for trouble at the event....

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #11705 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Is Crest CC5500 as good as CA18

nickyburnell wrote:

luton_soundman wrote: alot of reggae sounds don't deserve to know or have the equipment....too many bad minded sounds with very bad attitudes towards the soundsystem culture, too much negativity and 'trash talk' !! wana cuss out every other sound and tell the world they have the best sound system. secrets are good....but you have to share with someone smiley20 lol

smiley32

As an outsider to the scene, I am constantly amazed at the, "Good behaviour only" type comments/remarks/adverts deemed necessary.

luton_soundman wrote: alot of it's just part of the banter and i suppose you get attitude wherever you go in every scene. i just let the sound do the talking smiley1

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Lev, we see things from different sides of the fence. I have spent years in the business dealing with the Sound system guys and there are a lot who, once having bought their system, would sooner I didn't sell to anyone else so they can keep it for them selves. Guys used to ask me to leave the badges off. How did that ever help me?

All quite right...

Have been saying to few SP/FSP guy's recently, I'm suprised how many soundsystems out there really have huge racks of equipment, and really don't know what they're doing..

In all honesty, much of the technical stuff discussed openly on SP/FSP is really very valuable.. Gone are my SP days, when I would share opinions/recommendations on certain amps/setups and get attacked for it. Some large sound system owners who know me, sometimes call and request my opinion/assistance on setting up their LMS I suggested buying..

So obviously there is a time and place/persons to share certain information with.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 months ago #11714 by paulus
Replied by paulus on topic Is Crest CC5500 as good as CA18
if its smps amps you want,i think tonys amp is the one to have,if its bridged amps you after,try the c audio srx 3801 it out guns the mpx on quality and spl, but dont clip it as it sounds awefull,thats why we went with the mpxs years ago as the limiter is very good,never took a driver out!!!!,but a lass both amps went pop, smiley19 i reakon lev must have hammered the day lights out of 1 smiley36 (joking)

More
13 years 1 month ago #11936 by tweeter box
Replied by tweeter box on topic Is Crest CC5500 as good as CA18

levyte357 wrote: Specs and various reviews suggest amp is very good, would like to believe Crest have somehow matched performance of CA18, in amp which is only 2U, and 15kg lighter than CA18, but still skeptical.

If the amp wont meet it's spec @ 40-80hz, not for me really.

CC4000 internal pic is very dissappointing, hope Crest have'nt embarked on the "Its cheap so don't care route", like Crown.

Any feedback/comments?

NO its crap!

Time is longer than road.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #11937 by levyte357

Tweeter Box wrote:

levyte357 wrote: Specs and various reviews suggest amp is very good, would like to believe Crest have somehow matched performance of CA18, in amp which is only 2U, and 15kg lighter than CA18, but still skeptical.

CC4000 internal pic is very dissappointing, hope Crest have'nt embarked on the "Its cheap so don't care route", like Crown.

Any feedback/comments?

NO its crap!

:lol:

With the selection of amps on the market now, this is definitely not for me...

"Luton", did you hear what TB said ...

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #12314 by luton_soundman

levyte357 wrote:

Tweeter Box wrote:

Any feedback/comments?

NO its crap!

:lol:

With the selection of amps on the market now, this is definitely not for me...

"Luton", did you hear what TB said ...

I have now lol It's not as good on turbomax as it is on 1850 due to speaker power requirements but it plays alright. Not the best out there but it will do for now. i could sell and get 2 bridged amps but i'm saving for just 1 amp that will be able to do the job. Whatever i feel works/sounds best to my ears at the amp test is what i might go for. As we already have in8 v2 so just need to buy a great sub amp for 13a supply now. Need to know what worthy contenders are out there?? was thinking about a direct replacement with rmx5050 if i can find a decent used one. should be able to get one from the money i gain from the crest so i owuldnt have to add any extra. what do you think? and before you say it i know 2 bridged 4050's would sound better smiley2 smiley36

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 4 weeks ago #12320 by levyte357

luton_soundman wrote: As we already have in8 v2 so just need to buy a great sub amp for 13a supply now. Need to know what worthy contenders are out there?? was thinking about a direct replacement with rmx5050 if i can find a decent used one. should be able to get one from the money i gain from the crest so i owuldnt have to add any extra. what do you think? and before you say it i know 2 bridged 4050's would sound better smiley2 smiley36

Try Inf8V2 on 13A before buying anything else.. With "reported" mains efficiency of approx 85%, should do much more than MA5000VZ.

In next few weeks, may have something on demo.. smiley2

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #12323 by luton_soundman
May have a feeling i know what that is as i saw you speaking to a certain sound a couple weeks back... smiley2 i try not to miss a trick smiley36

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds