Best Sub Amp you&#039;ve heard on 4x cabs, < £800?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1261 by arksystems
You won't be dissapointed with the JBL,just don't forget when bridging to make sure the high pass filter is out on channel 1 and in on channel 2.

Dave Martin is alive and living in my kitchen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1263 by levyte357

ArkSystems wrote: You won't be dissapointed with the JBL,just don't forget when bridging to make sure the high pass filter is out on channel 1 and in on channel 2.

Ah ha !!!! So its in out for on/off...

Had horrible feeling some knobs were broken off the front...

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
15 years 10 months ago #1265 by arksystems
No no it's IN for ON ,OUT for OFF,not ON for OUT IN for OFF,WhenIN bridge leave channel 1 OUT,not channel 2 IN,OUTside of that leave channel 2 IN theOUT position ,channel 1 IN.IN case you forget ,leave channel 1&2OUT ,the high pass wont be IN and will be reciving full range which might take your drivers OUT.Always leaveOUT the high pass for film and IN all other cases leave it IN.Then put your left leg IN yourleft leg OUT, IN OUT ,IN OUT .......

Its all in the manual.

Dave Martin is alive and living in my kitchen.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1269 by levyte357

ArkSystems wrote: Always leaveOUT the high pass for film and IN all other cases leave it IN.

Its ok.

I set high pass on eq/xovers between 32 & 35hz depending on which subs I'm using. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

More
15 years 10 months ago #1485 by colint
EV P3000 does it for me, The biggest mistake I ever made was to change mine for QSC PLX3402's total rubbish gutless amps compaired to the EV's!

More
15 years 10 months ago #1487 by insomnia
Ev p3000are definetly the business when it comes to power and sound quailty- i regret selling mine too, i now have a 5000vz in its place- lots of power but the Ev cant be touched on sound quailty

More
15 years 10 months ago #1691 by sks01
first blast in anger of the darq tother day, sounded lovely its all subjective though, how much does an EV 3000 go for s/h usually? (thinking for kick section if the right price can be found [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img])

do it for the love of the music

More
15 years 9 months ago #2811 by jonminns
So what do we reckon is the best sub amp out there then?

It confuses me that everyone thinks the ev p3000 is the don, however its only 1500w a channel at 4? Or is it an amp that outputs more than it says?

I'm stuck between Vortex 6, MPX1200s, VZ5s, matrix str3k, ohm cfu-a4, void inf 8

Anyone care to help? :)

Thanks

Jon

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 9 months ago #2813 by levyte357

jonminns wrote: <div></div>
<div>It confuses me that everyone thinks the ev p3000 is the don, however its only 1500w a channel at 4? Or is it an amp that outputs more than it says?</div>
<div></div>
<div>I'm stuck between Vortex 6, MPX1200s, VZ5s, matrix str3k, ohm cfu-a4, void inf 8</div>

If you are talking 1x amp, then its VZ5 and EV P3000, easy. (Inf 8 and Inf7 are > £800)

If its 2x amps in 4ohm bridge for upto £800, then its JBL MPX/MPA/QSC EX/MX.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2815 by tekasis

Insomnia wrote: Ev p3000are definetly the business when it comes to power and sound quailty - i now have a 5000vz in its place- lots of power but the Ev cant be touched on sound quailty

Over the vz ? I didn't know that! So how Levy love them so much?.
So it really isn't just about how powerful an amp is!!!

jonminns wrote: It confuses me that everyone thinks the ev p3000 is the don, however its only 1500w a channel at 4?

Me also!

Many people knock the Peaveys,& I now know the ratings they state is not at 20-20khz, but all I know is, some of their models ain't no push over & they are reliable!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds