New Driver better than 1850.. (Yawn, again) - Fane Prime XS

More
12 years 11 months ago #13028 by MAutopsy
lol lev, where do you find these pictures??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13029 by ArthurG

levyte357 wrote:

ArthurG wrote: that's where you are fully wrong and you are nothing "informed" about 18XS. and you know why ?
because you base your deduction in T&S parameters that are numbers generated from small amplitude test signal. They tell you NOTHING about a driver behavior with high amplitude/voltage material.

OK Arthur, you're saying T/S Parameters mean nothing, which are what many people/companies use for choosing drivers/designing cabs, and what separates excellent drivers from "the rest", so that's where I'll sign off with our "exchange".

as usual, you have trouble to read an entire sentence and you extract a small part of it to tell nonsense and to degrade the conversation :thumbdown:
The important part that you forget is " behavior with high amplitude/voltage material"

levyte357 wrote: Here's something else, that also means nothing then... smiley2
www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq1

I never ever said T&S parameters are useless, they are indeed a good departure for cabinet design and to know a driver behavior at low power. And assuming you read all my previous messages, I see nothing in your link against what I said...

levyte357 wrote: It's obvious you were "dispatched" here, purely to promote Fane and defend their products, so all the best with your new wonder driver, and you can report back to the taskmasters on a job well done...

Open your eyes, the only one dispatched here is you with your cut quotes and your wrong assumptions.
And regarding your personal attack and my relationship with Fane, I prefer to say nothing as it's simply pathetic and untrue. I don't need to prove anything, my 10 years participation on SP tells everything. My only motivation to post is to share knowledge and help people. Live with it if you want me to stay here...

PS: sorry everybody to expose this kind of conversation. I could have a better start here smiley19 To not create any more trouble, I will not post anymore in this topic as all the technical stuff I wanted to share is now available.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13033 by tony.a.s.s.
HI Arthur, You have burst onto this Forum like a bolt of lightning, and the topic has been the new Fane speaker. When this happens, people look for the reason why. If you look at what Hornmaster has done, it is so obvious what he has in mind, self promotion and sales. As you know people have their own reasons for saying they like a speaker, sometimes because the speaker is good and sometimes to justify the purchase, even if it was a mistake. And it doesn't matter how good the speaker is, there will a lot of people who will never buy it. My own approach to a new speaker is build a cab and try it. I've never been one for reading specs, and I have never done a sim in my life.
My friend Lev likes to encourage conversations, and it obviously works. He always has his reasons for asking or talking about something, whether right or wrong is not important. Everyone has a right to say something or reply, and the only reason I would shoot someone down is if they got personal. I cannot see the point of getting wound up over inanimate objects.
By the way, I welcome your input on this forum, I have always read you posts and look forward to more. You'll have to excuse my memory, but is there a system that you run, and if so, is it one you've designed and built?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 11 months ago #13035 by ArthurG
Sorry Tony, I said I will not reply anymore in this topic. please check your PM.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 11 months ago #13040 by levyte357

ArthurG wrote: that's where you are fully wrong and you are nothing "informed" about 18XS. and you know why ?
because you base your deduction in T&S parameters that are numbers generated from small amplitude test signal.

:lol:

Did say before, it is based on my experience of comparing drivers in in cabs.

Then "understanding" how differing parameters impact driver/cab performance..

I was present at these "scoop/driver" tests, (and many others, I can't be bothered to dig up.. :lol: )

Knowing how all these various drivers respond, in varying cabs, of varying chamber sizes, with real world power test scenarios & param eq (not small signal tests :lol: ), then equips you to privately compare T/S parameters.

And identify which parameters are responsible for certain driver behaviour in particular environment.. smiley2

So if "I" say to someone a driver "may possibly" work well in a large chamber scoop, it's because it has specs similiar to a "group" of drivers I have already heard in a "group" of large chamber scoops.

Not because I just "think" it will because it has impressive Xmax/Xmech/Xdamage, and have never compared drivers in scoops before :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
12 years 11 months ago #13043 by luton_soundman
the information from these scoop/driver tests played a big part in my decision to buy my latest scoops smiley1 when it comes to understanding how drivers may perform in scoops there's only a few peoples opinions i trust and Levs is one of them smiley2

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds