Germoglio Le Cléach 10" mid: now coaxial

More
14 years 1 month ago #7867 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Germoglio Le Cléach 10" mid: now coaxial

bitzo wrote: apart from that...1 cm of distance between the cone and the horn (I mean the strip where are the holes for bolts) can cause resonance?

for its huge dustcap, so I'll try simming with other drivers but I have to redesign all the plug around the driver.

I got around this by doing an extra layer around the phase plug spacer, I'll take a picture for you, it's the XT8 horn

on the mid hi's that were at the FSP shootout owned by phil and the twins, I reversed the dust cap, I cut out the original and glued it back the opposite way, so it was concave, easier to shape a phase bung to cone that way

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7868 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Germoglio Le Cléach 10" mid: now coaxial
quicker for me to do a sketch

is this the 1cm area you were referring too?

this is what I did on the XT8's

• bitzo
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #7869 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Germoglio Le Cléach 10" mid: now coaxial
ok sketches are more clear at all. So the xt8 throat start before the suspension.... very interesting.
here's the sketches about resonance area mentioned before.

• bitzo
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #7920 by bitzo
Following mykey tips I made some changes.
Driver changed to 18sound 10nda610, changed the horn shape and the lenght, but the external dimension are the same. Here's check the sketches
full fronview

half side view

half upper view

and the sim

I changed the way to sim this cab...the internal horn now is round, the external one is rectangular

vtc 295cc vrc 7,5liters lenght 46 throat 200cm2 mouth 1560 cm2

thought?

• bitzo
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #7940 by bitzo
searching for some other candidate for this cab....
May be rcf MR10N301 works good but because the sealed basket I can't sim it very well.

More
14 years 1 month ago #8230 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Germoglio Le Cléach 10" mid: now coaxial
this isn't dead is it Bitzo? are you still working on it?

• bitzo
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #8232 by bitzo
speakerboxes must play music. I can't integrate this boxes in my soundsystem, so would be unuseful to build it. I don't know if someone would be interested to buy the material to make me able to build it, but I think no. So this is another modeling exercise in which I learnt so much. smiley1

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16938 by Bongo
Replied by Bongo on topic Germoglio Le Cléach 10" mid: now coaxial
This is interesting, +I have the material to make some:-)
I have 2-3(4) midtop projects going, two of them with 10":

10" horn from fane studio 10m, -I have 6 pcs of this driver, I think it should be suitable with a ebp of 192, but the BL is a bit low compared to the fane studio 8m which is an extradinary driver that I want to do another project with.
I would like to bolt that phaseplug right on!
www.hifi-studio.de/hifi-klassike ... er/10M.pdf

18sound / rcf 10" In tms-2
I'm testing a tms-2 upgrade next week, at first I want to plug a rcf driver with backbowl & plug right in the tms-2 horn, but I think that the rcf-plug only fits the driver, not the horn so I woulkd probably have to mould a copy of the front of the tms-plug onto the smaller rcf plug won't I?
AND will this work? I guess the rcf plug changes the throat area of the horn!
Another thing to try would be the 18sound driver, then I would have to make my own plug / mod the tms-plug.

Why?
It Might be better to stick to the original drivers, but I'm changing my 1" & 15" in the tms2's to get same drivers in alle boxes, the rcf mb15n401/407 sims like a killer in that box & I'm exited to listen to bms extended range drivers in there too.
With the 15" & 1" playing clear & loud it's tempting to update the 10" too, and even though they're all original there's two pcs fane, 2 pcs pd vented ls1004, 2 pcs pd closed back.

I was wondering one thing "I selected kappapro10 because is a budget driver and for its huge dustcap" I thought the High frequencies comes from the center of the cone?

• bitzo
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 1 week ago #16977 by bitzo

Bongo wrote: ....
AND will this work? I guess the rcf plug changes the throat area of the horn!
Another thing to try would be the 18sound driver, then I would have to make my own plug / mod the tms-plug.

depends what you define throat, usually the backside of a plug reduce the throat chamber to drop at higher frequency.

Bongo wrote: Why?
It Might be better to stick to the original drivers, but I'm changing my 1" & 15" in the tms2's to get same drivers in alle boxes, the rcf mb15n401/407 sims like a killer in that box

I use these rcf 401, lightweight but so efficient and fast. I use them in a flh like cerwin vega sl36 but remodelled by me from scratch.

Bongo wrote: I was wondering one thing "I selected kappapro10 because is a budget driver and for its huge dustcap"

I was following some advice from Tony ASS, for a 2 section phase plug. The center section start with same area of the dust cap, than you have the ring. I played around this concept. I make some other calculation to improove the "buildability" of the cab but I'm bored to design and don't build.

Bongo wrote: I thought the High frequencies comes from the center of the cone?

Why?

More
11 years 7 months ago #18880 by Bongo
Bongo wrote:

I thought the High frequencies comes from the center of the cone?

Why?

I think you should know Bitzo, I've learned long ago from somone, look here,
www.preference-audio.com/phaseplug.htm

I never finished the tms-2-mid project, notice that I'm using the MB15n401, this is a MIDBASS with a sensivity of 100db, the n407 has higher sensivity in this horn, but is noisy above 100w & out of production now.

I've also got more mid horns here! But no time to test them all!

How's the Bitzo horn doing?

How about mykeys M8D? Think I only saw info on xt8.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds