Any plans for a 20 litre cab?

More
12 years 6 months ago #15462 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Any plans for a 20 litre cab?
this pic includes an overlay with the hf driver

this clearly shows the hf cant keep up with the 6 inch......

this crossover unit may work with it.....

www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id= ... e=category

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15463 by blue
Replied by blue on topic Any plans for a 20 litre cab?
Yes, I am guessing lowring the volume of the whole of the woofer will help with keeping everything balanced. I still have to design the crossover filters etc. - it's part of the project.

I was worried about the low end though. If the cab is right, everything else can be fixed. How much loss of volume are we talking about?

again I feel I should thank you for your time and effort

More
12 years 6 months ago #15464 by bee
the woofer is just over 10db louder at 60watts..... you could lower the output on the cross over by 10db...... that would make for a very flat responce, and very little eq needed if any....... the hf is flat ish around 95db......

ok just done a bit of re thinking..... if you cross over at 2.5k with a 12db slope and a 10db reduction on the 6 inch it should sound very flat.....

buy putting 25watts into the 6 inch its output is around 100db the hf is around 95db.... so you would need a 5db reduction.....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15465 by blue
I didn't get the 12 db slope. What is that?

btw how did you get the plot for the woofer? When I look it up online it's completely different. How did you get it to simulate a cabinet tuned at 41Hz ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #15466 by bee
the plott is from a simulation programme, you enter the driver parameters, and tell it the size of box and it will predict it for you.... you can add ports etc.....

12db slope means the cross over will come in with a 12db slope and fade out by 12db this will increase the volume (dip in sim) around the 2.5k region....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15467 by blue
ah, I get it now.

What software is this? is it available commercially? Can you add transmission line panels inside the cabinet?

More
12 years 6 months ago #15468 by bee
bass box pro is the software very easy to use.....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15469 by blue
pretty expensive software... I'll see what they have at uni but I doubt that they will have anything close to that.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15479 by blue
So Ben, is this a simple ported cab? or did you put panels inside to simulate "transmition line" ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #15482 by bee
this box is the most basic of designs, basically speaker and box, no ports etc, ive taken into account the size of the driver and added the volume of the driver to the cab, so on paper the box is 20.22l but the internal volume is only 20l...... The one thing you need to remember is the 3db + or - at 65hz..... a ported box i came up with was +8db at 65hz..... i think the main thing they are looking at is how flat your box plays, and the crossover you build. Most of the guys girls on your course will come up with the same volume for the cab, but the look of the cabs will be different. But what will change in all the boxes is the cross over, this is the critical bit in your design...... the 6" will play alot louder than the hf so you need to work out how to keep the 2 working on the same level.....

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds