Any plans for a 20 litre cab?

More
12 years 6 months ago #15452 by blue
Any plans for a 20 litre cab? was created by blue
Hey guys, you have a great site here! I am really glad I found it.

I was looking for plans of a small cabinet (20 liters max). I looked through the plans and downloads but I couldn't find anything so small.

Do you have anything in mind?

It's going to be a 2-way. A 6.7 inch woofer, but the tweeter can go on top of the cab. That said, I won't copy the plan, it's just for inspiration.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15453 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Any plans for a 20 litre cab?
ill draw up a quick cab for you, what driver are you going to be using......

More
12 years 6 months ago #15454 by bee
the size of the cab will depend on how low of high you want the 6.5 driver to play.....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15455 by blue
Replied by blue on topic Any plans for a 20 litre cab?
It's basically for a second year Uni project. I should know these things - or at least I should be learning them. That's why I am not going to just copy.

The specs we are given are: 65Hz-15kHz within 3dB. This is for both the tweeter AND woofer together.

The woofer is a Visaton WS 17 E (8 ohms). 170mm. and the tweeter is a Monacor DT-75/8.

Also 20 litres is the limit.

by the way, I wouldn't want to put you into the trouble of designing one...

Thank you very much non the less.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15456 by bee
so if i help you, what do i get if you get an a+ ............ lol........ ok well you will need the details of how and why you built the box the way you did.......

so you want a reflex box tuned to 65hz.......... no bigger than 20 litres....... ill see what i can come up with......

More
12 years 6 months ago #15457 by blue
Thank you very much Ben. This is greatly appreciated. I promise, one day I will be on this forum doing what you do. I just need to learn these things first!

More
12 years 6 months ago #15458 by bee
ok this is a plott of just the 6 inch driver in a 20l box, tuned to 41hz. minus 2db at 65hz....... its 105db at 60 watts

More
12 years 6 months ago #15459 by blue
Right, OK. That looks good on the low end. Do you think the tweeter can go down to 750-800Hz ? We are allowed to EQ to fix for any spikes etc.

How do you know that the cab is tuned to 41Hz ? Is it the same thing as getting a larger bass reflex cab and shrinking it down to fit the dimentions? - or does it not work that way?

More
12 years 6 months ago #15460 by bee
by changing the size of the box will change how low or high it will play, for example the pic below is the same driver in a 30l box green line and 10l box yellow line....... red is the 20l box.......

notice how the top end roll off is the same but the low end changes........ the yellow line 10l box has a drop off at 65hz by just over 3db red and green line has a drop off by around 2db at 65hz....... green being 30l too big for your project.....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15461 by bee
your hf will cross over at 1.5k and be around 95db...... so you could eq the 6 inch driver to a lower volume between 50 to 1.5

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds