How long will this forum last

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #530 by
Replied by on topic How long will this forum last
I don't know about only allowing paying members to post...
But..

I think trade advertisers paying something would be an interesting avenue to explore... and could potentially be very lucrative for the trade seller.

We will see how this goes, I'll get a CMS running for the main site, I'm usre Walt wouldn't mind his designs being added.. along with others.

The model that I based this on is www.seatcupra.net a far far busier forum, on there the forum is sponsered by trade sellers, each one gets a banner ad and a forum to sell stuff... seams to work very well, the better each seller is at helping forum memebers the more business they get.. which is as it should be.Edited by: Adambomb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #536 by
Seems Adam you have lost your way already, from a free speakerplan site to one were you are now wanting to turn it into a commercial site and create a business from it.

Sounds like the site will become just one big selling ground with everyone pushing products services and yourself making money from it.

Edited by: arrow

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #537 by
I'm not aiming to make any money from it... if it can support itself as an independent forum thats great.

Even if it did turn into a business at-least it would be independent, commerce would be allowed and PMs would not be read.

Who are you exactly... old SP username?

More
15 years 10 months ago #538 by sks01
Replied by sks01 on topic How long will this forum last
it would be naive to think that without some way of getting money into the site it would be able to sustain itself for very long if their is a possibility of making separate threads/ selling pages for anyone with stuff to sell in enough quantity for them to get some benefit of paying i don't see why we shouldn't in encourage that it seems like a viable way forward.

do it for the love of the music

More
15 years 10 months ago #542 by super-hero
Replied by super-hero on topic How long will this forum last
I think a trade section would be a useful addition. I would keep trade posts away from the rest of the forum, so if you don't want to see them, don't go in the trade section.

I\'m not an animal. I\'m a human being.

www.phase-audio.co.uk

• ginger_biscuit69
More
15 years 10 months ago #546 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic How long will this forum last
this forum should last ages.... its run by honest good hearted fun loving peeps, not dodgey londoners you can never contact and who dont give a crap

More
15 years 10 months ago #549 by boycey
Replied by boycey on topic How long will this forum last

arrow wrote: Seems Adam you have lost your way already, from a free</font> speakerplan site to one were you are now wanting to turn it into a commercial site and create a business from it.

free doesn't necessarily refer to money, like a lot of free parties you pays your fiver to be free of what is imposed elsewhere.

this

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #551 by

ginger_biscuit69 wrote: this forum should last ages.... its run by honest good hearted fun loving peeps, not dodgey londoners you can never contact and who dont give a crap

dodgy londoners? wher?

More
15 years 10 months ago #552 by mskeete
Replied by mskeete on topic How long will this forum last
arrow, any comment on why Brinkster isn't a good host?

More
15 years 10 months ago #553 by robbo
Replied by robbo on topic How long will this forum last
Adam---I should rise above all the negative points pushed very prominently by some one that we know nothing about--Or do we??
Maybe it would be a good idea to open a PAP section where allfriends and business contacts of PAP could go and talk negative things amongst themselves and when bored with that could always read each others PMs which would be even more boring and when they got fed up with that we could always supply them with a littlte Tony Rossell dolly and a big box of pins to keep them occupied---now that would be a good excuse forthem not answering the phone

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds