file This has been coming for a long time

15 years 10 months ago #453 by bee
Replied by bee on topic This has been coming for a long time
The best way to pass on knowledge and adviceand info fromthe old site and other sites is to post new articles, come up with new designs and ideas and this will help move things forward to the future (freespeakerplans) and get all of us ticking with ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #456 by laxskan
Replied by laxskan on topic This has been coming for a long time
Blimmey what a curfuffel<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
To clarify a few points, PM cant be easily monitor that is correct my statement was originally intended as a warning.

Tony has notbeen banned but bygetting him to re-sign he would have re- read, (I hope) the terms and conditions which he is obviously in breach of.

Speakerplans database/website is quite big now and we get alot of grief from our hosting company if we go over our alotted bandwidth/disc size.

Whilst trying to reduce the size of the speakerplans database we noticed a very high number of PM, 90% of which we regarding selling, and Im afaid almost all Tony PM were regarding
selling of some description.

I have had several complaints about selling on spakerplans and Im afraid Tony was one of the more guilty parties.

I have no gripe with Tony in fact I have alot of respect for the man, so much so that I contacted him recently to see if he wanted a job.

We introduced rules a while back to try and prevent direct selling on speakerplans as it was getting quite bad and the forum was becoming a big buy/sell site. But it looks like all that has happened is that the selling has moved to the PM instead.

As the saying goes you can keep so of the people happy some of the time…

The last thing anybody wants is a forum, that’s fragmented and diluted.

As regards to users/posts being deleted some older PM have been deleted recently (I think if they are more that six months old), nothing else has been touched.

As regarding the accusation of hypocrisy in that Rog openly sells Void on this site, as I have said before, hes not engaged in direct selling, he might tell you what hes working on but that’s it.

I encourage and welcome constructive comment on this matter, to ensure that speakerplans continues as it was intended as a technical information tool and meeting point for like mined enthusiasts of sound.

15 years 10 months ago #493 by super-hero
Replied by super-hero on topic This has been coming for a long time
Why not have an expirery date on pm's, so that they only stay in you inbox for a month.
Any thing improtant people can save elsewhere.

I\'m not an animal. I\'m a human being.

www.phase-audio.co.uk

15 years 10 months ago #495 by wrighty
Replied by wrighty on topic This has been coming for a long time
How about fixing the "email this PM to me" function, so we can archive stuff ourselves that way? I've mentioned this a few times before, but nothing has been done AFAIK.