file This has been coming for a long time

15 years 10 months ago #333 by robbo
I really do think it is a shame in a lot of ways that it has come to this, but I do know that for a long time now, a lot of members have been p-ssed off to say the least concerning the way Rog has conducted himself professionally on the other site---the Shortman epic was ludicrous as we all know and Rog has always held the threat over the membership of closing the forum down when he has gone off on one of his tantrums and obviously no-one from PAP liked even a small ammount of criticism about prices, delivery times,availability etc.
So now we are free from all the girls tantrums and sillyness, it would be nice if we could organise a national get-together which could also be tied in with Daves(Cal-Systems) idea of a swap/sale/meet up around the Birmingham area later in the year which could obviously be turned into an annual event if it is well supported enough---cheers--John.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #334 by super-hero
Replied by super-hero on topic This has been coming for a long time
If I owned the old site, I would keep it running but would have no links to PAP or Void.
I don't think the old site has been helping Void or PAP for a while now. If you search the old forum for posts regarding PAP I am sure most of the post will be about, not answering the phone or delivery times. None of which is a good advert for them.

Void has probably sold a few products due to the Speakerplans site but PAP seem to be letting them down.

I am still willing to give to old site a chance. There is a huge amount of information there and it would be a shame to see it disappear. Hopefully when Rog is back on the case he can sort it out.

I\'m not an animal. I\'m a human being.

www.phase-audio.co.uk

15 years 10 months ago #340 by wrighty
Replied by wrighty on topic This has been coming for a long time
+1

15 years 10 months ago #343 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic This has been coming for a long time
John,

I personally was able to ignore all the pram object throwing etc. BUT when it came to private messages being compromised then it really is time to draw the line.

The fact that it also was aimed at Tony A.S.S. who it seems to me has always conducted himself in a totally gentlemanly and professional way just added to my sense of outrage.

I also think that the split was inevitable because of the conflict of interests that exists between the site being sponsored by PAP and the other business interests of some Forum members.

PAP obviously have a few issues at the moment but I must say looking on as an outsider they appear to be mostly self inflicted.

Tony

Edited by: AJW

[email:2pxnki7c]This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.[/email:2pxnki7c]

15 years 10 months ago #352 by rich21
Replied by rich21 on topic This has been coming for a long time
why not ask if they would like to let the domain and data base go to a new owner?
at least all the old (and very helpful stuff will be safe)

15 years 10 months ago #354 by robbo
Replied by robbo on topic This has been coming for a long time
Yes Tony--Totally agree with you on that--I think it was probably Tonys under the counter B+C sales that upset PAP more than anything but you are correct in what you are saying about the way that PAP run their business---The most important part of a successfull retail mail order sales business is maintaining a good rapport and contact with your customers--How many times now have we heard from other members that they never answer their phone,they never get back to you as promised when you eventually do get to contact them and when something goes wrong, they never sort it out.
I should imagine that they have a severe cashflow problem by now due to loss of sales due to these reasons and also the loss of PD from their portfolio and Ithink this is why we have seen a prickly attitude to certain members recently as they have probably realised that members are now buying their components from other suppliers.
Another joke is the way that Void has been marketed or not as the case is generally--sales and distribution of this superb product lineshould have been put into the hands of one of the major industry distributors a long time ago and not consigned to the word of mouth old boys or matescircuit(no offence meant to any members here)and minimal promotion----we are now experiencing quite a few complaints and faults coming to the surface with Void product that will certainly not enhance the companies reputation in the future if these faults and problems are not swiftly corrected.

15 years 10 months ago #419 by guest
Replied by guest on topic This has been coming for a long time

Rich21 wrote: why not ask if they would like to let the domain and data base go to a new owner?
at least all the old (and very helpful stuff will be safe)

That is a very good point, we may have lost the old speakerplans way, but there's no way we can lose all valuable infomation that's hidden in all them posts.

Maybe we could get a wiki on this site, and sift through infomation on the old site and put it in there.
Plus you could control it by only letting people who we know/respect put info in it.

I know this site is in early days, but is it a possibilty?

15 years 10 months ago #440 by sks01
Replied by sks01 on topic This has been coming for a long time
a wiki on all the information ever covered on speakerplans? [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] that would be a serious undertaking, it'd need to have some good web design too with the amount of different bits of information that'd need to be covered though if this does get rolling as a protect i think we aught to have a good going over of horn theory cabinet design basics through to advanced modeling etc how bandpass works ie driver loading etc and amplifier electronics im thinking something epic might come out of this if people can offer their time to it im fairly ill informed but id certainly go for a trawl of the old site to get information [img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img]

do it for the love of the music

15 years 10 months ago #444 by graeme j
Replied by graeme j on topic This has been coming for a long time
If folks from the orig speakerplans have the knowledge to read through mysql databases to look at peoples private messages then im sure they know how to mess up someone elses forum.. I would strongly suggest doing a backup of this new forum once a day for the first week, then once every 2 or 3 days after that then once everything is in place and settled down, once a week / fortnight!

15 years 10 months ago #452 by bee
Replied by bee on topic This has been coming for a long time
Graeme they would have to get access to the server this site is hosted fromfirst, then past firewalls etc. and for what reason!. The original site used to be great fun and a great place to learn but of late!. Well you all now that!