file delusions of grandeur

9 years 11 months ago #21652 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic delusions of grandeur
The Es 15 I modded down to fit squarely on the cubo 15 so it's about 610x610 , remember my project has always been about a balanced small system not a super system so spl and getting the most out of each cabinet has never been what I'm looking for . I have looked at the SMT and the single version some have built and then factored in costs of extra amps etc as bi amping the tops and extra x-over channels that are going to be needed , I am now thinking a passive mid top may be a better solution for my application. I know there are many here who believe passive crossovers rape your amps power but as I said spl is not really my thing, just a balanced system that covers all freq ranges in the right places at an affordable cost to the DIY population.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #21654 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic delusions of grandeur
Passive crossover reducing the power getting to the speakers is not so bad. The biggest issue with passive crossovers for me, is that I like to move my crossover points around until I find the best spot. I have seen crossovers with sweepable filters, but they were expensive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.