• Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17597 by saul
SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE was created by saul
might as well not exist.

discuss smiley36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17598 by tintek
Replied by tintek on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
i dont understand why ebay is a must. what was wrong with just having an add on gumtree?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17599 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
Never mind the FS section. How bout all the gob about this and that, then no for sale, then a for sale. No explanation at all.

Does Bruce still own it I wonder?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17600 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE

tintek wrote: i dont understand why ebay is a must. what was wrong with just having an add on gumtree?

The Vigilink tracker on SP web site, kindly pays bruce everytime users click ebay auction link.

smiley14

nickyburnell wrote: Never mind the FS section. How bout all the gob about this and that, then no for sale, then a for sale. No explanation at all.

Does Bruce still own it I wonder?

Would imagine ownership has reverted to previous, so any threads about superior competitor amps, or bad mouthing one of 2x certain amp manufacturers, and ...

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• saul
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17602 by saul
Replied by saul on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
smiley36 bare lolz

i find SP bad enough as it is, hence me not being on there much for past few months, but this bizness with the sale section. come on...

no-one in there right mind is going to use ebay to sell stuff, IF it can be avoided.

+10 for gumtree. buy and sell at your own risk, but it's free...

• saul
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17603 by saul
lev, if void have any sense, they will still have nothing to do with SP.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17605 by robbo
Replied by robbo on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
The main reason why the For Sale section had grown into the most significant section on the forum is that the vast majority of members hate using Ebay and Paypal---So then, to have Ebay forced upon them like some kind of Paypal enforcement has not gone down very well at all.
I have to use Ebay as a selling tool for my business but I still don't like it and I positively hate being forced to accept Paypal as part of the Ebay scenario.
I still maintain that the changes that have been implemented over there are financially driven as the penny has dropped for them to realise that "Heh we can make a lot of money from this Ebay link up thingy" but at the same time virtually ripping a major organ from the body of the forum.
Is it just me, as it really does seem very flat over there at the moment on all sections and posting in general seems to have gone down but this is what happens when the people that are managing/running the forum seem to be oblivious to the views of the vast majority on there.
I was hoping that there was going to be a massive increase in traffic over here instead of the trickle that has happened but it just seems like everyone is a bit shell shocked at the moment for obvious reasons.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #17606 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE

Robbo wrote: I was hoping that there was going to be a massive increase in traffic over here instead of the trickle that has happened but it just seems like everyone is a bit shell shocked at the moment for obvious reasons.

Everything is still up in the air over there, so people are just coming to terms with old style FS section gone forever.

Don't think the powers that be realise, buying and selling is all part of PA/soundsystem thing..

From people like Claire brothers/LMC/John Henrys, all the way down to obscure little for sale forums.

When people fully understand the alternative FSP::Forsale provides, think that forum will pick up first, then some growth on the rest.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by levyte357.

• saul
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17610 by saul
+1

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #17617 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE

saul wrote: lev, if void have any sense, they will still have nothing to do with SP.

Completely correct.

There is no way a speaker manufacturer with a known brand can be seen to have anything to do a site that gives away and promotes the use of DIY speaker plans. No one else does it and for very good reasons.

Bruce has given up running the site and I can see why as a lot of his time was spent gathering information to assist in legal cases. Why would anyone who is not a lawyer want to do this. He has hosting and forums used by many of the worlds biggest companies (even Microsoft) that don’t clause him any grief, so I can see that he was getting to the end of the road with hosting SP.

As an interim Alex from Void stepped in to take care of hosting the forum as if not I think the plug would have been pulled. As I mentioned it’s not good for a manufacturer to be seen to be linked with the DIY sector, so Void will host the forum until a suitable candidate who can administer and host the forum can be found. I hope this is done very quickly. We are looking for an off seas provider that has no link with the industry but will be able to administrate the forum to the rules that already exist. I think its important the new owner be impartial hence must have no link with the audio industry. All the guidelines and rules are already in place, it just needs the new administration to enforce them without bias.

Rog.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds