SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored

More
12 years 1 month ago #17086 by tweeter box
Replied by tweeter box on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
the truth is ol Brucey him ave a new gyal friend n cant maintain that hence the change so now ebay can maintain her for him :lol:

Time is longer than road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #17091 by simonh

Dougies Music wrote: Who was that?

Re: Simon,

The suggestion was that there simply be a paypal account that members deposit money into. Then the mods lift the restriction manually on that particular member once they have deposited it.
It doesn't have to be bruce, the other mods have the ability to apply and lift restrictions...?

Seems to me a pretty simple fix and although there would perhaps initially be a little more mod work required (maybe a couple more mods would help with this) - surely this would be a huge benefit in the long run for a little work at the outset?

100 minimum post count, £tenner a year to access restricted content. It would keep the scammers out and would also remove the idiot buyers who complain/threaten when they allow themselves to be scammed. And most importantly, would let the forum go back to the way it was..

I agree with you Doug, I'd be more than happy to pay to use the service. I'm gutted the site has gone to, as I to like a lot of forum members bought all my rig (albeit small) from the for sale section.

But if Bruce doesn't want to set-up all the additional technology needed and time required to police a £ membership, that's his decision. He also said that he had lots of other forums he hosts to test out his new software other than SP...

It's a real shame, people don't realise what they have got until it's gone smiley19

• Dougies Music
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #17097 by Dougies Music
Replied by Dougies Music on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored

simonh wrote:
I agree with you Doug, I'd be more than happy to pay to use the service. I'm gutted the site has gone to, as I to like a lot of forum members bought all my rig (albeit small) from the for sale section.

But if Bruce doesn't want to set-up all the additional technology needed and time required to police a £ membership, that's his decision. He also said that he had lots of other forums he hosts to test out his new software other than SP...

It's a real shame, people don't realise what they have got until it's gone smiley19

Agreed - at the end of the day it's his call and none of us really understand the shit he has to deal with on a day to day basis.

I do think that tempers are running a bit high at the moment - understandable - but perhaps if things calm down for a while then if the issue is revisited in a couple of months, he might be willing to try some temporary things like simply hiding the stuff for sale section to anyone with less than 100 posts and simply removing big trade ads..

But i guess it's time to let the dust settle for a while!

Am so f***in glad the forum itself hasn't gone!

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 1 month ago #17103 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
i think we have the answer on our screens right now. lev has been making some good points about prevention over here, but i think the value is the comunity, not the forum on which it is hosted. freespeakerplans was foresight indeed

• Dougies Music
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #17112 by Dougies Music
Replied by Dougies Music on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
I fully intend to stay here smiley4

More
12 years 1 month ago #17113 by jbl_man
I can sympathise with everyone feelings about this,personally i did think that the idea of a fiver per member to cover the running costs was a good one,but unfortuantly it was out of my hands gentlemen.

Be seeing you.

More
12 years 1 month ago #17129 by bee
jbl man :clap: its not easy, and yes in time maybe or maybe not the same thing could happen hear. For me its not the power sellers or manufacturers causing the issue, after all these guys would not want to screw you over and effect there lively hood. Its the chancers that made the situation into what it became. the anser is better moderation, no offence jbl but you could not do it on your own and i can simpathise with you...

More
12 years 1 month ago #17142 by muckerbarnes1
Replied by muckerbarnes1 on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
Members can and will still post items for sale one way or another.

Other members answer posts and quote what their business has for sale and how much. So for sale does exist in an unfair form. This I guess will now increase and riots may resume :lol:

To be fair as I always stated it is not fair to expect Ian to handle 3rd party sale problems created on someone elses train tracks. There would however as always be a fair to all procedure, It just got left out.....

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #18677 by needlefx

Tweeter Box wrote: the truth is ol Brucey him ave a new gyal friend n cant maintain that hence the change so now ebay can maintain her for him :lol:

I suppose that everyone has their dirty habits to feed.
Like 2 years ago when you sold me these drivers 1 of them rubbing when crossed at 110.
notroubleit.com/forum/13-stuff-for-sale/...rcf-l12-p520-drivers
When I confronted you about the rubbing sound on 1 of them and you answered me to dont croos them under 180hz and that was it. After that answer, completely ignored too. :whistle:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by needlefx. Reason: missing quotation

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds