SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored

• Dougies Music
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #17068 by Dougies Music
I have read numerous threads where SP members are making sensible suggestions along the line of:

Charge a members fee - lock the sensitive bits of the forum out to anyone who isn't trusted (i.e. less than 100 post count, no for sale, unmoderated sections viewable).

Could do a simple blanket restriction on all accounts - then manually upgrade members accounts when they deposit a nominal fee into bruce's paypal account.

No counter-explanation as to why these suggestions would not work - I don't understand why they're being ignored.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dougies Music
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #17069 by Dougies Music
Replied by Dougies Music on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
Seems the site is now completely dead.

Maybe that's the end.

More
12 years 1 month ago #17074 by jbinks
Yeah it's all a bit mad...

Although, it was the little push I needed to sign up here so... (every cloud etc.)

I had two of my own (long, detailed, polite and factually correct) comments deleted because I was questioning bruce.
I also saw a comment in the for sale section deleted presumably because it was simply a link to the for sale section on here!!

My account was suspended too.

All a bit draconian it seems.

John

More
12 years 1 month ago #17075 by teun
Yep, totally dead here too.
Don't have an opinion about what happened since i never used the specific section but what a shame. If it all had to stop because of some ruining it for the rest of us.... what a shame. I learn't almost everything i know from the knowledge High class members on there shared and in due process started sharing aswell.
Joined here just yesterday to be able to continue the passion of music, and now homeland is down.

More
12 years 1 month ago #17076 by simonh

Dougies Music wrote: I have read numerous threads where SP members are making sensible suggestions along the line of:

Charge a members fee - lock the sensitive bits of the forum out to anyone who isn't trusted (i.e. less than 100 post count, no for sale, unmoderated sections viewable).

Could do a simple blanket restriction on all accounts - then manually upgrade members accounts when they deposit a nominal fee into bruce's paypal account.

No counter-explanation as to why these suggestions would not work - I don't understand why they're being ignored.

We can make all the suggestions in the world but if the SP forum owner does not have the time, resource or the interest to set-up a payments system for the collection of fee's, then it's not going to happen.... and that's his decision to make..... to which he has alluded to on multiple occassions, still people ignored that fact. Unlike the forum members who are there for their interest in the industry, I would guess he does not share the same interest. So hosting, running and funding a forum that is more hassel than it's worth is a tough call.

For me it was the professional sellers and moaners (who happen to be the same people) killed the web-site. IMO, the udpate to the rules re. direct selling was no longer allowed due to the forum liability issue was totally understandable. The initial update where you could advertise your gear for sale on gumtree and alike, what was the hardship in that??? No, but then the professional moaners got on the act and killed that. So it was direct selling on ebay only.... But no, we still have not finshed moaning... Well it looks like SP coulld be finshed for good now !!

Lets hope not

More
12 years 1 month ago #17077 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
And really it was only one member on SP who was totally ignoring the rules that started the whole kerpuffle.

Never seen so many members on here before, maybe a new dawn?

Tony

• Dougies Music
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #17079 by Dougies Music
Replied by Dougies Music on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
Who was that?

Re: Simon,

The suggestion was that there simply be a paypal account that members deposit money into. Then the mods lift the restriction manually on that particular member once they have deposited it.
It doesn't have to be bruce, the other mods have the ability to apply and lift restrictions...?

Seems to me a pretty simple fix and although there would perhaps initially be a little more mod work required (maybe a couple more mods would help with this) - surely this would be a huge benefit in the long run for a little work at the outset?

100 minimum post count, £tenner a year to access restricted content. It would keep the scammers out and would also remove the idiot buyers who complain/threaten when they allow themselves to be scammed. And most importantly, would let the forum go back to the way it was..

More
12 years 1 month ago #17081 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic SP - genuine members suggestions just being ignored
hopefully everyone will stay here. and wont be shy to post some topics??

More
12 years 1 month ago #17082 by cravings
agree with simon on pretty much everything. Bruce has put a lot in to it really.

More
12 years 1 month ago #17084 by cravings

Bruce wrote: Stuff For Sale Section removed due to abuse by professional sellers and the moaner brigade on here not happy with any alternatives.

Due to the amount of legal disputes on here, usually due to the amount of bitching and shit stirring that some members continue to do (you know who you are), anyone who carries on will have their accounts suspended.

real shame, but fair enough.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds