file Sack truck or castors???

15 years 10 months ago #208 by csg
Replied by csg on topic Sack truck or castors???
i used ti have some giant mid highs of yors Tony, mt1200's i think, which had quick release wheel boards which worked well, but on rough ground it becomes a carry.

On my day to day work as a freelance lampie i frequently deal with several 40 footers full to the roof with cases and racks, all wheeled. if i had unlimited transport space and always worked inside it would be wheels everytime, so i know exaclty where you are comming from Chris.

But i maintain that my system , for me, working on my own with transport space frequently being tight, is the best for me.

I also find, with my poor long abused back, that pushing a barrow around rather than pushing cabs on wheels means less stooping and hence far less backache.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #210 by csg
so exactly how overweight was that 71/2 tonner Tony when you had finnished with it?

15 years 10 months ago #211 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Sack truck or castors???
You poor 'ol boy. Do what I did, keep taking the cuprofen

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

15 years 10 months ago #212 by csg
i should have shares in the stuff

15 years 10 months ago #218 by tony.a.s.s.
Regarding weight, I think we were always over weight. Fortunately, we always had Magnum rental trucks. As weekly users, they used to look after me and They were always new trucks. Meaning, that the suspension never looked dodgy. However I used to get stopped in the Luton. We always overstepped the mark with that one.

15 years 10 months ago #223 by csg
to be honest once you have covered the floor in a 7.5 tonner you are often up to weight, particularly if it has a tail lift. Jumped up furnature vans at the end of the day. my little transit, with a 1590kg payload has a bigger payload than some 7.5 tonners! ( and i can get that overloaded too)

15 years 10 months ago #226 by peter moller
Replied by peter moller on topic Sack truck or castors???
Castors on everything please - and place them so you can lift theitem with a forklift when loading..

/p

15 years 10 months ago #227 by super-hero
Replied by super-hero on topic Sack truck or castors???
Wheel boards are great for moving stuff around on flat ground and on concrete but no good on soft or uneven ground. Which can also be said for a sack barrow.
When ever I have spare wood and wheels I make another wheel board. I have also made a couple of off road versions with big pneumatic tyres. They take loads of weight and go over any terrain.
A builder friend is using one of them and a mechanic friend uses the other one for shifting engines about. I built them originally for moving quantities of railway sleepers. But have never needed them for speaker duties.

I\'m not an animal. I\'m a human being.

www.phase-audio.co.uk

15 years 10 months ago #261 by tony.a.s.s.
peter moller\n

Castors on everything please - and place them so you can lift theitem with a forklift when loading..
I think this means build big bass cabs so that you can some width for those forks.

15 years 10 months ago #362 by peter moller
Replied by peter moller on topic Sack truck or castors???

Tony.A.S.S. wrote:

peter moller wrote:

I think this means build big bass cabs so that you can some width for those forks.

Hehe - just make sure they have truckpack dimensions ( 60, 90 or 120 cm wide ) if you intend to move them around..

/peter